Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iron on shower door frame

Posted by loves2read (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 22:15

Getting rental house ready to sell and the glass door in master shower was installed 3yrs ago when we rebuilt the shower. This is heavy glass door with ORB frame. The side frame has clear silicone gasket strip. Part of the strip was cut away to make space for the metal piece under the door's handle to make contact with magnetized section of frame...

When we were at house seeing what needed repair before we could sell, we opened the showervdoor and we found rust on the metal piece under the door handle and on the door frame. Don't know if renters did it with their cleaning or not cleaning or the people we had clean the house after renters moved out.

The door piece cleaned pretty well with some of the stuff I used on the glass cooktop and a plastic scratch pad but the section on the frame is much more difficult. Tried scratching it off w exacto blade and can feel pull of magnet ---does that make difference in cleaning...
Called glass shop that installed and got no insight/help there...
CLR can't be used on metal...scraping got some off but there is too much to just ignore...
Any suggestions?
Don't want to discolor the ORB frame trying to clean the rust...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iron on shower door frame

pictures would help, if this is truly an ORB finish it will not rust.

o

There is no rust on the part of the door or the frame where you can see the ORB finish--whether that is paint or something else I don't know...
there is very small piece of silver tape both above and below the section where the rust is on the frame...
I don' t know if there was a section of silver (metallic/shiny) tape where the rust it and it came off over time with cleaning and cleaning products used...
and that was originally masking the plain metal of that piece of the frame...

I can take photo today but posting is what I have trouble doing...

o

loves2read, get your photos onto your computer and either

1. scroll down to "post a follow-up" and the first line is Image File to upload. Where it says browse, click and find the photo on your computer (one photo only). Select the photo and the link should appear in the space next to the browse button. Hit preview and look at your pic. Make sure it's not too big; if it is, come back here for help. If you want to post a second photo you'll have to do another follow up and you have to change the subject of posting to read something different or it will be rejected - just type a 2 after "door frame" in your subject line.

or

2. (for more than one photo) Upload your pics to a free photo hosting site (like photobucket) click on the html code alongside the pic you want to post, and paste it into the body of your message. Make sure to leave a space or two between the html codes, if you post more than one pic. Add as many pics as you want. Hit preview and you should see your photos.

If they look too big, repost here and we will help you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here