Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrara marble pricing?

Posted by wifisker (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 21:54

Would anyone who has a carrara marble vanity top mind sharing a rough estimate of the pricing? The look of carrara makes me giddy but I'm not sure if I can convince DH we should splurge on the guest bath since our home improvement list is LONG and the budget is meager. The vanity is 54" so unfortunately it's not a size that I can find a less expensive prefab granite or marble top anywhere.

I stopped at Home Depot earlier today and an employee gave me a quote of approx. $1,000 for a carrara marble vanity top with a single undermount sink installed. Does that sound about right? Is it likely to be higher or lower through a stone supplier and fabricator than through a big box retailer?

Thanks for any and all help or advice. (Also, if you have carrara on the bath vanity have you had issues with stains or etching?)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrara marble pricing?

I got a quote for a 54" vanity top from a fabricator who happened to have a perfect sized remnant of 2 cm Arabescato, which is a lot like Cararra. It was around $850, I think. I would supply the sink.

Another fabricator offered to do the fabrication for $235 if I do my own template and install. I found a remnant of Chroma Quartz in the finish that looks like marble; it's called Lattice. I got it for $250 so I'll be around $500 all in, plus the cost of the sink.

Our local Chinese import cabinet/granite shop sells prefab marble tops in 60" length for $199. They'll make cuts for $30 each, so I considered going that route and just cutting off the ends. But I didn't need my ends finished because the vanity is in an alcove; you might not be able to do that.

o

>Is it likely to be higher or lower through a stone supplier and fabricator than through a big box retailer?

The big box store just contracts it out and takes a cut, so it's almost always more.

Also, for that size you might be able to find a remnant at a stoneyard that would work and those are usually much cheaper than buying a full slab.

If you can make the prefab work that's usually the cheapest route.

o

Thank you both! Sounds like a trip to a stoneyard is in order to go searching for remnants.

o

We had installed a 72 inch vanity top with 2 under mount sinks and an eased edge from a remnant for $972 including everything. Shop around as much as you can, my original quotes ranged from $1100 to $1365 before I found the remnant. Good Luck! I love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here