Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Want white, traditional -style vanity 46" (or 42"-44" if need be)

julieste
9 years ago

I have a 100 year old house with a tiny bath. Much as we'd like to, there is just no way to expand it. So, the absolutely largest vanity I can fit in is 46", but I'd go down in size a bit to 42" if I can find the look I want. The vanity will have one side exposed and one side will be butted into a corner. While I'd love the look of a console with the shiny chrome legs and marble top, the reality is I need something with some storage.

I'm trying to maintain the period feel of the house, so I'll have 1" white, hex, floor tiles with a small black, edging pattern and white subway tiling with a simple black accent as both wainscot and tub surround. Ideally I'd like a fairly simple vanity with legs and more of a furniture look than the kitchen-cabinet-look vanity that has a toe kick. What I really would like to do is find a base and then put a honed Carrera top on it with the faucets mounted on the wall. But, I can't seem to find anything (online anyway) that is the right size. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments (4)