Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marisany

Medicine cabinet - scale

marisany
14 years ago

I'm in the middle of a bathroom + pantry/mudroom renovation. The major items have been selected/ordered (except for some cabinetry that I am still struggling with), but I still have to select the small stuff, and I am running out of steam. I have to choose a medicine cabinet by tomorrow morning so that the carpenter can frame the opening.

I will be using a 27" wide pedestal sink (Toto Carlyle; link below). The bathroom will be simple and traditional - white marble basketweave floor with black dot, white tile to chair rail height, etc. The faucets and hardware will be chrome; here is the tub filler, shown in a dark metal:

http://www.homeclick.com//web/catalog/product_detail.aspx?pid=230293

I was thinking of looking for 24" wide by 26-30" high, but I am thinking now that it will look too wide. I am going to have sconces (still to be chosen) on either side. I don't want it to look out of scale with the sink and the wall. The wall that it will be on is about 4' long and the ceilings are a little higher than 8'. There will also be a toilet on the wall.

I think my first choice would be a thin chrome frame. I do want it to be recessed.

Any advice?

Comments (4)