Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
His and Hers master bath areas?

Posted by redheadeddaughter (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 20:10

Hello there! I'm pretty sure this has been discussed already but I was wondering if anyone did this (his/hers sep. master baths) and what they think of it now? We are designing our new build and are considering having 2 small baths instead of one large one.

Is this ridiculously extravagant or a brilliant idea? :) Trying to weigh the benefits of my husband not having to see all my girly stuff (he's a neat freak) vs. resale value vs. extra plumbing cost, etc.. I kind of like brushing our teeth together though. ;) The square footage would be about the same, and the individual baths would be cozy, a shower in one and tub in the other. Any thoughts experienced GW's?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: His and Hers master bath areas?

A second small 1/2 bath with a sink and commode can be convenient and nice to have since I want privacy when I use it. But I prefer to share everything else - a large single sink with ample nearby storage, a nice 6' tub that can fit two in a pinch, and a decent sized shower. But obviously this is a matter of personal preference of yours and whoever you share it with.

o
RE: His and Hers master bath areas?

Funny about separate baths for keeping your mess from your husband...not how it usually goes, all my married friends complain about shaving stubbles, toilet cleaning woes, etc. and would love to have a separate bath so he'd be forced to keep his own clean with no detriment to her. Even though it would be unusual, I think lots of people would find 2 smaller baths appealing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here