Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_343451

Quick question about 2 year old kerdi tub with mold

User
10 years ago

I have a quick question regarding a kerdi tub surround I did 2 years back.

The only thing I didn't do myself in the bathroom was set the tub and the darn plumber refused to set the tub in foam or cement as per the instructions (Kohler Devonshire alcove tub). So the tub has settled and the sanded caulk along the bottom where the tub meets tile is cracked and moldy from water getting in the cracks for about a year (And I caulked the tub while it was full too). I bleach it about once a month and it clears up and returns again.

I am just getting around to fixing it as my baby is about two (completed two bathrooms by myself during my final trimester!) and wanted to know how to go about really cleaning this area up.

Once I get the sanded caulk off (TEC), should I bleach the area and let dry? For how long?

Should I attempt to get some foam or cement in there under the tub so the tub has less room to settle? I can reach the one whole side of the tub from my daughter's room so no biggie there-just drywall repair.

I bought the siliconized TEC non sanded caulk. WIll this have more give with tub movement?

I used all proper procedure and products as per mongoct and bills advice regarding the kerdi install. I was super careful with seams, overlaps and used kerdifix between the tub tile flange and kerdi.

Thanks in advance for help.

Comments (3)