Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurmela

Guest/Kids bath finally done!

laurmela
15 years ago

It is finally done! Here are a few pics, I don't have too many befores, just picture standard builder oak vantity and 4x4 white tile. Floor was peel and stick faux slate.

Here is the after:

New outside pocket door:

New whirlpool bath/shower combo with granite niche

added plug to back corner of vanity for DD's hair accessories

granite vanity with onyx backsplash

storage over toilet

new door hardware

Vanity, mirror and storage cabinet - Lowes Allen/Roth Line

Vanity top - Golden Hill Granite top from HD

Whirlpool Tub - Jacuzzi Espree - Lowes

Price Pfister Marielle Tub/Shower fixtures - everyfaucet.com

Pegasus 9000 Series Sink Faucet - everyfaucet.com

Door hardware - emtek

Hope you like it, we do!

Toodles,

Laura

Comments (15)

• busybme
    15 years ago

Very Nice!! Too bad bathrooms are so difficult to photograph...I would love to see 'the big picture'.

The sliding door is a great idea, too, and you chose such a nice one. Congrats and enjoy!

Sandy

• laurmela
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes it is hard to get the whole room in! It is only 5'x7' so hard to do that. I will try to get one of the room from the hallway.

• thetews
    15 years ago

The bath is beautful! I love the tile, the cabinetry, the granite! Everything is gorgeous.

• laurmela
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is a pic looking in from the door. The tub/shower are on the right and the sink toilet the left. I used hooks for the towels as a towel bar was always being used to get out of the shower and falling. These are screwed into the studs and will not go anywhere! DD is pink, DS is green!

Now I just have to get them to use them!

• percival46
    15 years ago

Your bathroom looks great! We are in the middle of completing a 6x8 bath now so it's nice to see how wonderful a small bath can look. Could you please tell me where you got your switchplate cover. I'd love to get one. Thanks.

• laurmela
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lowes! I love that I can find things there and they are inexpensive!

• mizmom
    15 years ago

Beautiful...
    Your outside pocket door is very interesting to me. It looks just like what we need for our masterbath. Do you have a picture of the whole thing? Is it just a regular door set up as a sliding door? How was it installed? Is there a hook or something to secure the door for privacy? (I am just imagining my daughters high pitched screaming when someone walks in on them.)

• laurmela
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We got the hardware from johnsons hardware, see link below. It is real easy to install. It is like a barn door or loft door. The hardware screws into the wall and then you attach hardware to any door, just make sure it is a little bigger than the opening. That snaps in and there is a little track guide that goes on the floors and there you have it.
    Here are a few more pics.
    this is the track system

the whole track

I had already ordered my hardward when we decided to go with the pocket door. I didn't want to waste my gorgeous hardware so we used it just on the outside.

and a closet door piece for the inside

I still have to get a latch for the lock, but it is pretty obvious when someone is in there.

Here is a pic of the one we did last year for my master bath.

There was no door here to begin with.

It is real easy to do, have fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: johnson pocket door

• allison1888
    15 years ago

Love the pocket door. When we added one, we didn't see any as nice as that one. The tile is great, too. Enjoy!

• rjoh878646
    15 years ago

I looked up the exact hardware you used. It wasn't pocket door hardware, it was wall mounted sliding door hardware. It gives me an idea for what to do on a small half bath in my downstair hallway.

Here is a link that might be useful: johnson hardware

• TxMarti
    15 years ago

I love that door, and if you ever have a problem, the door won't be stuck inside the wall. Is it just a regular door?

• laurmela
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes it is just a regular door! That is the beauty of it all!

I am thinking about doing these doors again in my upstairs office. The only thing different is that they are double doors! Have to work on that one!

• laurmela
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are the doors I did in the office upstairs. Found this hardware at barndoorhardware.com, thanks to prettykitty at the kitchen forum.

Found the doors at Habitat for Humanity Restores for $50 bucks each, good think cause the hard ware was pricey.

Just wanted to update.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

I'm late commenting on your pretty bath. It looks great.

• prettykitty1971
    15 years ago

so cool! congrats!