Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bloved_gw

calling those with white subway tile bathrooms....

bloved
14 years ago

what was your favorite paint color for your walls? and can you post your pictures please????

Comments (14)

• nancynj
    14 years ago

Hi! I've been waiting for folks to reply but I guess I'll be the first. We're going to use white bead board around the lower part and will paint the upper part with Behr's Harbor Mist. It's comparable to Benjamin Moore's Lavender Ice which is a popular color choice on this forum. Our tub is a vintage green color and our decision to keep the tub rather than replace it or cover it up drove us towards the lavender-ish color. No pics yet but will post as soon as I can. What color are you thinking of using?

• alex399
    14 years ago

White Dal-Tile Rittenhouse Square 3x6 Tile in shower, 1" white hex on floor... 5' high wainscot panels around room painted BM's Mayonnaise with white inset panel, walls above are BM's Van Cortlandt Blue (HC-145)

• heidi877
    14 years ago

I'm planning to use white subway in my shower when we remodel. Our paint color is BM Buxton Blue its a pottery barn color. I originally thought about going a shade lighter but I love the color.

• teddychicago
    14 years ago

I have BM Wedgewood Grey in the bathroom. It is more like a 80% blue, 20% grey. Very soft blue but not pastel. The floor is black and white porcelain basketweave, black vanity cab, light veined tan/white Hanstone top, chrome fixtures, white subways in the tub area.

It's very soothing. HTH

• budge1
    14 years ago

Daltile white subways. Painted the vanity and cabs in ben moore cloud white. The walls above the tile are Moonshine and the door is painted grey wisp.

• pamelas_kitchen
    14 years ago

I have Dal-tile white subways too, Tide paint from Devine.

From Bathroom

• marisany
    14 years ago

My bathroom reno is underway. I will have white subways around the room to chair rail height and in the shower, with a dark grey glass pencil liner above the cove baseboard pieces. The floor will be white thassos basketweave with a black dot (tumbled). I'm not absolutely sure about the color, but I am thinking of taupe walls with black and white toile window treatments. I saw a photo somewhere of a wonderful bathroom in that scheme.

• jejvtr
    14 years ago

b
    Here's our Mbath - white dal subways, hex floor

color Devine breeze

Here is a link that might be useful: devine paint

• sombreuil_mongrel
    14 years ago

Blue, to match the blue tile liner.

And a cherry/maple accent:

Casey

• myladyfae
    14 years ago

I'd be really REALLY interested to see pictures of all these bathrooms with both the white subway and the beadboard wainscoting! We're just about to begin our remodel and that's exactly the combo I'm thinking of :D

• bloved
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks for the responses and pictures!
    still not sure nancynj which color...i've got 3x6 dal tile white subway tiles, black pencil liner and white trims. i was initially thinking blue, but then i saw a picture of a bathrm that had a black pencil liner with the subway tile that was painted green which was nice too. we're still needing to make a final decision about floors and one thought were grey tiles that might make it look more modern so considering a greyish lavender color that i havent quite found yet. ahhh...we're doing an extensive house remodel so this is just one of many many decisions that have to be made...head is spinning!

• remodel-mama
    14 years ago

just wondering what color you decided to go with...
    We too are about to embark on an extensive house remodel and am considering a black and white bath.

• sallyjavalon
    14 years ago

Pamela's Kitchen - LOVE your medicine cabinet. Would it be rude to ask the manufacturer, or was it custom made??

Sally