Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toto (or other?) toilet that's water wise and standard height?

Posted by nika107 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 18:39

Does this exist? We're now onto the phase of the downstairs half bath remodel that requires purchase of a toilet. When we redid the kids' bathroom, we purchased a tall toilet and I'm not a fan. My kiddos are little, and it'll be years before my youngest is tall enough to climb aboard unassisted. I'd like the Toto quality, though... unless there is a similar kind of toilet that matches Toto? Price will definitely be a limiting factor, btw. LIke to keep the price under $300, and under $250 is better...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toto (or other?) toilet that's water wise and standard height

Based on the Toto site, there are a few Watersense models that are not ADA compliant. Based on the list prices, I'd bet you can find an Eco Drake, maybe even with Sanagloss, for under $300.

Maybe someone here has one and can comment on their experience? I know from recent research that the Drake is a popular model, I would assume the Eco drake would be worth checking out.

o

We have installed Drakes (743s, standard height, round bowl) in all our bathrooms, replacing the original fixtures over the years. They are 1.6gpf, so meet the codes here for water saving fixtures, but there are certainly lower gpf models out now. They perform great. We have never had a problem.

As williamsem said, I would definitely look into the Eco Drake, but the Drake itself could potentially be a backup.

o

We just put in a standard height drake in our 1/2 bath. 1.28 gallons, flushes well, no clogs.

o

Gerber has some very good standard height commodes in both round (short) and elongated bowl sizes, in their Avalanche and less expensive Viper lines. All are available in 1.6gpf or 1.28gpf ("WaterSense") models. The 1.6gpf models work a bit better as usual, but the 1.28g Viper i had installed works quite well - better than the Eco Drake IMO, and is considerably less expensive than the Toto.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here