Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scrubbing Bubbles Aerosol?

Posted by rogerv (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 17:22

Does anyone have information on the use of Scrubbing Bubbles Aerosol on fiberglass tub surrounds (gelcoat)? Or cultured marble? We have a long-term house guest who tries to keep her bathroom clean, and I want to make sure that the cleaning products that she's using aren't damaging surfaces. I talked her out of using scouring powder, this is the next product she's trying, Scrubbing Bubbles Aerosol.

Any help out there?

Thanks very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scrubbing Bubbles Aerosol?

After years of using scrubbing bubbles on my acrylic tubs upstairs, I learned that it is not recommended by the manufacturer. Lysol bathroom cleaner is recommended for fiberglass and acrylic tubs and it does well for cleaning.

o

"After years of using scrubbing bubbles on my acrylic tubs upstairs"

did it damage your tubs?

I use it on most everything. sometimes even the floor.

o

It did not appear to do any damage at all and seemed to clean great. You might want to read the back of the can and just see what it says, even the small print.

o

I've used Scrubbing Bubbles for years on both cultured marble sink and fiberglass (I think) tub/shower with no ill effects whatsoever. I try not to breathe it but also can't abide the smell of Lysol.

o

I don't know about fiberglass but SB is a BIG no-no for marble and acrylic! It's abrasive, and yes, I'm referring to the aerosol. It will dull your marble. I'm guessing that after time it does the same on acrylic. Read the label and/or call the company. The toll free number will be on the can. I LOVE for my husband's porcelain tub and our cast iron sinks. Wish I could use it on our acrylic tub cause it works sooooo good!

o

I am also a big fan of SB because it cleans so well, the scent is not overwhelming and disapates quickly, and it's reasonably priced. Lately, I've beenn moving away from too many chemicals (hard to find a good cleaner). SImple Green cleans pretty much everything. Maybe that will work for you?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here