Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to clean marble floors - what PH Neutral cleaner?

Posted by sparklekitty (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 1, 10 at 17:02

I love my polished hex mosaic calcutta tile floors so much that I am afraid to clean them. I searched a bit and only came up with "clean with a ph neutral cleaner." Can someone forward a brand or other recommendations on how best to clean the marble tile?

I also have a honed limestone border - ideas for cleaning that?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to clean marble floors - what PH Neutral cleaner?

Hi Sparklekitty,
I was also terrified to clean mine, I have honed calacatta. I've been using 409 Stone Cleaner on my marble kitchen counter so I mixed some with warm water and cleaned the bathroom floor with it. I also cleaned tumbled limestone and slate with it. No issues to report. I tried it on an inconspicuous area first to make sure. I also saw a commercial this morning for Pledge Multi Purpose which said it's safe on marble. Maybe there's a floor cleaner version of it?

o

I ordered Stone Soap Ultra from www.stonetechnologiesinc.com. I've been using it on travertine for a couple of years and like how it cleans the floors. It is a concentrate that you mix with water and it has lasted forever. It says it is pH balanced and works on marble. You might read about it and see what you think.

o

Try this:

Here is a link that might be useful: Mira-clean #1

o

Thanks Bill - The link did not work, but I founds something from Miracle sealants - http://store.miraclesealants.com/product_p/miracln.htm

Rookie & gam51 - I will check out those two as well.

So what did those use before there were all these specialized cleaners? Is there any "homespun" natural choice? I feel like I have a cleaning wardrobe (something different for every surface and wall) these days and long for some simple cleaner to do everything (or most everything.) Is it bad news to use typical all purpose cleaners (sprays like fantastic) and than wipe with water, or use liquid dish soap, or is there some eco stuff that is good? thanks

o

Sorry about that!! I don't know what happened, but in the url you gave, that's the same stuff.

o

I think I got the recipe I use from this web site five years ago when we completed our house. I use a homemade mixture of 1/2 Purified water (we have a reverse osmosis), 1/2 Isopropyl alcohol 90%, and a couple of drops of Dawn Dish soap. I mix it into a spray bottle, spray on, wipe off. Grungy areas I let it sit for a minute and scrub with a white scrubby sponge. I use it on my granite in the kitchen (Azul Bahia - kind of delicate and fussy), the Uba Tuba granite around the fireplace and hearth, and on the marble in my master bath floors, shower walls, and counters.

o

Thanks, Jacqueline!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here