Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new craftsman bath

Posted by archie123 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 17:01

Here are some pictures of our new MB addition. We added the dormer and a small (7 x 10) bath.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new craftsman bath

That is really nice and a great use of space. I'm sure y'all are loving it. I like the flooring you used. Can you tell me what it is?

Joan

o

Yes, more details, please! It looks great, from what I can see of it. What do you love most? What was hardest to figure out?

o

Thanks for the nice remarks -
The floor is Armstrong Linoleum
the counter top and backsplash are a local soapstone from Albemarle co VA. the vanity is from Restoration Hardware. the lights are also from RH, The tile is Color Blox from Crossville tile. the fixtures are a polished nickel - Rohl.
The hardest part was in integrating the new space into the existing house so that is looked like it had always been there. The shingles are no longer available and so we went with a metal roof (similar color) and we are happy with it.

o

I love the wood cabinet and the other one with the shelves above it. Really good storage there.

o

Oops, I wrote a post a couple of days ago, but don't see it; guess I previewed and didn't post the final. I love that cabinet with shelving. It really adds a lot of interest (and storage). And how fun to have french doors into your bath! Great job.

o

thanks olychick the storage was done by a local cabinet maker ($500) the bottom half is a for laundry. the french doors work great - they are open all the time, dont take up any space, and give us a little more architectural interest (this is our master bath)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here