Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2-panel or 6-panel door, smooth surface or woodgrain texture?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 16:47

Does this 2-panel door look nice or the 6-panel one? All other doors would be changed too.

Also, does the smooth surface look better than the woodgrain textured one?

2-panel door

The style of house and furniture is contemporary.

Thank you very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2-panel or 6-panel door, smooth surface or woodgrain texture?

I would say that the door you linked to would be country styled. Woodgrain would look more rustic to me than a smooth surface. Have you done a search on Houzz.com to look at doors in contemporary settings?

o

Enduring, thank you very much. I checked Houzz.com, and could only see very few doors in the pictures. How about the 2-panel arched-top door compared to the 6-panel door shown in the following link? I would have all the doors changed including the door between garage and house. Thanks.

doors

o

Hi, I just think with the arched door it reads more old fashioned. Especially with the routed detail of the panels. I would think any panel number would be appropriate, just what ever number you like. When I think contemporary I think cleaner edges of the stiles and rails, without the rounded edges. I think there are examples of very clean doors on the link I provided. I like the first door for instance. There are also doors shown that I wouldn't think of as contemporary, but I am not a designer. You could post over in the decoration forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: houzz link contemporary interior doors.

o

I would suggest a one panel door - shaker style. It looks very contemporary. No wood grain. The link you gave doesn't seem to have single panel doors.

o

Another consideration is whether the doors will be brushed or sprayed.
Brush marks seem to disappear on a woodgrain surface, whereas they are difficult to eliminate on a smooth surface....unless they are sprayed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here