Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agk2003

Toto G500 vs. Neorest

agk2003
9 years ago

So we saw the Toto G500 (MS970CEMFG) at a bath showroom today priced at 1650 way less than any Neorest. Anyone have any feedback on this model vs. the more expensive Neorest models?

Comments (26)

• xedos
    9 years ago

That is a gravity fed flush as opposed to the neorest's pressurized flush.

The bidet functions are very similar.

• agk2003
    Original Author
    8 years ago

thanks xedos. anyone have the g500?

• xedos
    8 years ago

You didn't buy one a year ago ?

• agk2003
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Nope. We were in our apt much longer than anticipated.

• dbabrams
    8 years ago

I just ordered one online (G500), will be installing next week hopefully.

• agk2003
    Original Author
    8 years ago

hi dbabrams, did you install your G500 yet?

• agk2003
    Original Author
    8 years ago

dbabrams, i'm dying to know how you liked your toilet :)

• dbabrams
    8 years ago

Well it came broken, it wasn't packed that well and UPS totally mangled it by rolling it around. New one on order.

• dbabrams
    8 years ago

Second one came, I refuse delivery. There was a big hole in the box containing the bowl and it had scuff marks that wouldn't come out.

I'm now either going to pay $300 more to buy it locally or try another online vendor. Anyone used one that packs things really well?

• agk2003
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    wow where did you order from? I'm placing my order on monday. one soiree, one carlyle and one g500. I was planning on ordering from homeclick.com
  • xedos
    8 years ago

I think homeclick foams their toilets for shipping.

• agk2003
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I haven't ordered through build.com but I think homeclick has the best price. you get 7%off but you have to call them for some reason the site isn't taking it off.
  • dbabrams
    8 years ago

Thanks! Just ordered one from them, definitely the best price I've seen, glad to hear their packing is good. At first they told me washlets were excluded, but they are not.

• dbabrams
    8 years ago

Pleased to report that the G500 came undamaged from Homeclick. Very professional the way it was packed on a pallet with instructions not to stack anything on top, UPS guy said he'd never seen that one before. No foam, but was in original boxes from Toto. Not a scratch on the box.

• agk2003
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Dbabrams very glad to hear it. We got our 3 totos from homeclick including the g500 last week but ours came via freight. We opened the boxes and all seemed ok. They won't be installed for another 3 weeks or so.

• dbabrams
    8 years ago

Ours did come UPS freight as well

• dbabrams
    8 years ago

Update: First bid from a big plumbing company wanted $1100 to install the G500. They think it's really complicated, despite my insistence that they just have to install the provided valve and the rest is really not that difficult.

Second one wouldn't even give me a price without a supervisor coming, he never showed

Third guy, the brother of our landscape architect said it's no big deal and although he hasn't given us a price yet, I think it will be reasonable. He installed our kitchen sink stuff for $230 when the second company mentioned about wanted $1100.

I think these big companies see our nice cars in the driveway and all the nice houses on our street and just try to rip us off.

• xedos
    8 years ago

A one or two man operation is best suited to this type of install and will have reasonable pricing.

Big firms with lots of guys and trucks have lots of overhead and are great for roughing in your whole hose and sewer line in two days , but that's a different skill set from the guy that needs clean shoes and pants to install a $2000-$5000 toilet or a $1500 faucet.

1000 bucks is pretty ridiculous but the, amout of work and risk involve with those bidet toilets is a lot more than it is with a two piece $99 special.

• homepro01
    8 years ago

If you can follow basic instructions, you an install this yourself. They really are very simple. I don't have a G500 but have installed many washlets (4 so far). The connection is no more than installing a toilet. Where are you located? How about a plumbing service that charges by the hour to do toilet installations? I think there are videos on youtube on how to install these items. $1100 is excessive!

Good luck!

• dbabrams
    8 years ago

We're in San Antonio. The guy who installed our kitchen and bathroom faucets is going to install the G500. He's just going to charge us for his time. He was thoughtful enough to take home the installation instructions last night.

• dbabrams
    8 years ago

Finally installed and working. Decided not to mount the remote yet until we get a feel of where best to locate it. Like it so far, cool not having to touch it at all. Heated seat was nice on a cool morning today. Ended up costing around $500 to install.

• chumly63
    8 years ago

I am currently deciding between the G500 and Neorest 500 model. I don't really understand the major differences between both models. Are you happy with your G500 choice? It is about $1000 less than the neorest. Were you satisfied with ordering from Homeclick? Any tips for a new buyer? I was quoted $350 to install in NYC.

• dbabrams
    8 years ago

Homeclick was great to work with, after two damaged G500s from another vendor, theirs was shipped very securely on a pallet.

$350 is a great price for an install, just make sure the electrical line is in the right place.

My wife says she wished we didn't get it because it ruined her for all other toilets.

I love it. I think the main difference is that the Neorest line use pressure to flush vs gravity so they are smaller because there's no tank.

• chumly63
    8 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I am so glad you are happy with your G500. I forgot to ask one last question: if you lose power, do you have a way to flush?

• dbabrams
    8 years ago

Yes, there's a cord hidden in the side if you don't have power.