Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small width undermount sink (rectangle?)

Posted by mamattorney (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 16:37

I just got off the phone with a granite fabricator. I have a narrow vanity (17.5" deep with a current vanity top depth of 18") and I was discussing using a remnant to make a new vanity top.

She told me that between the backsplash and the faucet holes that I would only have 12.75" for the sink and that it would be a tiny sink.

Current sink is a drop in over a laminate top. I know drop ins over stone are not at all popular and it's not my first choice.

Does anyone have a VERY narrow undermount sink that they are happy with? I think I would get another 1.5" if I didn't do a backsplash, but I'm not wild about that either.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small width undermount sink (rectangle?)

How wide can you go? There are several rectangular vitreous china sinks on overstock that have reviews that say they fit in an 18" deep vanity:

Here is a link that might be useful: undermounts at overstock

o

Thanks for the link. I have found two sinks I think may work:

Porcher 12100-00.001 Marquee Petite Rectangle Undercounter Lavatory - White
http://www.faucetdepot.com/prod/Porcher-12100-00.001-Marquee-Petite-Rectangle-Undercounter-Lavatory---White-124575.asp#.UGHSEVFP8ge

and

Courtyard White Undermount Lavatory Sink
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Courtyard-White-Undermount-Lavatory-Sink/2677720/product.html

Has anyone used either one?

o

Since you will have very little space between the back of the faucet and the wall (or backsplash), you may want to use a drain stopper that is not connected to the faucet.

This means you can remove the pull-up handle/knob from the backside of the faucet. I'm not sure what that type of stopper is called, but it operates totally separate from the faucet....same as a kitchen faucet and drain stopper.

o

Umbrella drains are probably the most popular right now.

BTW, mamattorney, faucetdirect has the Porcher right now for $147.50 plus an additional 3% off. (There are also a couple of pics of it installed in the reviews there.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here