Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile Quandry

Posted by Vickygg (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 16:11

Hi....I have a small master bath stuck in the 70's. It has wall tiles that are harvest gold (which bears a striking resemblance to Ben Moore Chestertown Buff) on two walls (the tub surround, and under the window) and two walls that are a mottled white and gold tile (behind the toilet and around the vanity. I was going to reglaze the tub and all the tiles white; get a new floor and find a fabulous wallpaper but.........I have been seeing an awful lot of gold and gray lately and was wondering about keeping the gold tiles and painting the bathroom a rich gray color like Chelsea Gray. Is this gold tile even worth decorating around?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile Quandry

Before I even read your post, my first thought was that you need gray to go with the gold tile. I think the gold tile looks really good, actually. Could you redo just the speckled tile, and work around the gold? I envision a large-scale gray tile on the floor, and some cool wallpaper. Are the tub and toilet the same color? If so, it looks like they might look fine with the gold walls.

o
RE: Tile Quandry

Actually, I had to replace the toilet after this picture was taken. I replaced it with white. I was going to just re-glaze the tub white and keep the tile around the tub gold; but not a lot of paint colors look good with this color gold (other than the gray or black) so I too was thinking about a great wallpaper. Not sure if I want to continue to look at the gold/white color blocking but also not sure about the cookie cutter white bathrooms that everyone seems to be doing! I can't upload another picture yet for your viewing until I get some batteries for my camera! Thanks, Vicky

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here