Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
youngdeb_gw

Finished Master Bath

youngdeb
14 years ago

This forum has been incredibly helpful, I am so grateful to all you regulars for answering the questions over and over! I rarely had to post here since the history on this board is a treasure trove. So here it is, our new master bath (part of a garage conversion) without art, since I know it will take months (years) to get around to it.

Details: custom bamboo cabinets (DH is very tall, so they are irregular heights), Nutone medicine cabinets, Daltile Glass Reflections tile, Victoria & Albert Sorrento tub.

Comments (23)

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

LOVE it! What a gorgeous bathroom!

• kinshasa
    14 years ago

I like the wall hung vanity without vessel sinks. We are planning a bathroom remodel with a wall hung vanity, but most of the photos have vessel sinks. What are the dimensions of each sink side of the vanity (length)?

• homey_bird
    14 years ago

Wow! This is a georgeous bathroom! Envy you. Love the stain of the Bamboo cabs.

Do you mind posting the details on the Bamboo cabinetry? (brand, color, etc). Also, what is the floor of your shower? Is it tiled or solid surface?

Thanks for sharing.

• youngdeb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The cabinets were made by a shop here in town. The sink boxes are 3.5' wide and 2' high, the vanity is 3' wide. The sinks are Kohler - I can't remember which - and the counters are Cambria quartz. The bamboo veneer came in two colors, this is the lighter of the two, then clear coated.

The floor is ILVA eco-something. It's porcelain and supposedly has 25% recycled content, but then it's shipped from Argentina or something, so I'm not convinced of its eco-wonderfulness.

• sjblick
    14 years ago

Very, very nice. Love the vanity.

• raehelen
    14 years ago

Wow! Thought the first pic was going to be of your inspiration photo- very nice! I would love to see a pic of the shower beside the vanity. We will be having our shower in the same position- though we don't have the space you have- so it will be shower- vanity- toilet. I am assuming that the glass goes down to the shower base.

• youngdeb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's a shot of the space between the cabinet and the shower. The piece of glass just next to the wall runs floor to ceiling to support the door. It's starfire glass, which is the colorless stuff.

So this is the most luxurious bath I could imagine in my house (maybe a little more than I'm totally comfortable with), but it's a pale shadow of the one that inspired it. This is by Robyn Menter, with underlit counters, a gorgeous tub and Ann Sacks tile draped on every wall.

• busybme
    14 years ago

youngdeb, you did a VERY good job of capturing the feel of that Robyn Menter bathroom! Congratulations to you...it is gorgeous!

• pharaoh
    14 years ago

WOW! I love it all. It looks incredibly well designed and executed. The finishes, shapes, asymmetric vanities, the japanese style bathing area.
    perfection...

• wintertime
    14 years ago

Wow Deb thank you so much for posting these (and telling me to look at them!).
    This is exactly the kind of bath that I want, simple and modern. I am feeling a lot better about my white counters and sinks now!
    I am going with a separate his/hers vanity with a vessel for her and an undermount for him. I hope it works!

• coolbeansw
    14 years ago

Beautiful! And an inspiration to those of us still in the planning stages.

• homey_bird
    14 years ago

Honestly, I like yours much better than the inspiration. The stain of your cabs is a lot richer, and your shower looks a lot nicer with that contrast black color.

• redroze
    14 years ago

Amazing. Takes my breath away. DH and I love your starfile glass shower doors (we regretted not using starfire in our own bathrooms). Did you run into any problems with doing a frameless glass shower? I always wonder how the heck they stay up??

• brutuses
    14 years ago

Totally not my taste, but very pretty all the same. I would opt for just a few more decorative items to warm it up. Would a wall color not be your taste? A color would show off your fixtures and wood tones so much more. Great job.

• hedygs
    14 years ago

Love it!

• enmafromva
    14 years ago

Fabulous!

• youngdeb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The glass shower is super solid, but honestly...it's so heavy I do wonder a bit. But they're so prevalent, I have to imagine that they're stable. My contractor, who had never heard of starfire, definitely said he noticed a difference in the color of the glass. (But he raised his eyebrows of the cost, which was significantly more. Unfortunately, I saw that look from him a lot.)

As for color - I couldn't even get DH to agree to colored towels - I thought I was bad! No way are we going to add color to the walls, but we'll be adding plants, art, and other things to add color. I kind of disagree that the color of the cabinets would be brought out by a darker wall, that seems counterintuitive to me. I love white walls with other things in the room providing the color. Like a giant wall of navy blue tile, perhaps? ;-) But I'm grateful for the comment that it's pretty even if it's not your style, I know this is very taste-specific. Not to mention ridiculously owner-specific, the higher sink is 40" high for my very tall DH.

Thank you all for the lovely comments, makes me happy to hear that it's nice, especially from this crowd. I think the rooms I see on these boards are so much nicer and better designed than what I see in most shelter mags...

• brutuses
    14 years ago

young, your bathroom is beautiful and no way did I make any suggestions to insult your design. Sometimes people aren't sure about color so I didn't know if you were considering it or not and that's why I mentioned it. I like pastels, not into dark colors. That's why your bathroom appealed to me. Art and plants will really dress and warm it up. Please post more photo's after you decorate it, if you don't mind. I'm always looking at other's decor to get ideas for my own.

I appreciate lots of different styles. I have different styles in different rooms of my house so I'm not a one style person.

Your bath is definitely magazine worthy.

• jjaazzy
    14 years ago

I really love your room, it is timeless and beautiful. Beautiful clean lines and contemporary. You did a really fantastic job I hope mine comes out as beautiful.

• stlouie
    14 years ago

LOVE your bathroom! Quite an inspiration. The bamboo-cabinets are gorgeous. I love white walls as well. I'm trying so hard to find a barely-there blue for my bath. Every color I see, even if it's a pastel, screams "COLOR" to me. It's so hard to find a white paint with just a faint hint of color in it. I can really appreciate color in other people's homes, but I just can't personally live with alot of it myself. Weird, I know. So, I totally know where you're coming from. I think your tile adds just the right amount of color. Sometimes it isn't a matter of adding more color, but layering with texture.

• annie63
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I would flip for that much space, especially the raised soaking tub next to the large window. Very nice!

• helenab
    14 years ago

This is beautiful! How do you like your tub?

• sweeby
    14 years ago

That's gorgeous! Really well designed --
    Soothing, but still Wow!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH