Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jgopp

Coastal master bath finished!

jgopp
9 years ago

I post a bit more on the kitchen forum but I recently redid a master bathroom. I hope you guys like it! Questions and comments are always appreciated!

Comments (18)

• monicakm_gw
    9 years ago

Nice, nice, nice! Congratulations :) That's the most unique tub I've ever seen. Who makes it? How did you get that first picture, the one from the ceiling? Nice touch with the wine/glass :)

• emma
    9 years ago

I think it is lovely and the colors you chose makes the room look larger, clean and fresh.

• jgopp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

monicakm: Thanks! That tub is made by a company called Eago design. It's pretty wild, it has a built in radio and a multicolor lighting system in it too. I actually took that picture by putting the camera on top of the shower door!

EmmaR: Thanks, I wish I had a photo of this thing before the remodel (how come I can never remember to take pictures!) But it was all cheap builder quality stuff with a small shower that was barely big enough for anyone with a tiny little showerhead.

• ck_squared
    9 years ago

Very nicely done. Love the look of the pebbles and tiles in your shower. How is it underfoot? Comfy or a bit not?

Is that Schluter (sp?) edging in your niche? I like that look and haven't seen that used in that fashion before.

Love the prop on the vanity. Did you enjoy it? ;)

We have that same bottle waiting for us. We were supposed to drink it after our kitchen/main floor remodel but now we're doing the upstairs and bathrooms so now we'll wait a little longer.

Enjoy your new space!

• jgopp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ck_squared: The river rock was I think probably one of the better decisions I've made for a shower floor. It's practically non slip. It feels a little odd but it doesn't hurt (for me at least). I know some people have complained about river rock causing bruises but I haven't had that problem.

Unfortunately I don't know what a Schluter edge is... it might be! haha.

You've got some incredibly great taste if you've got a bottle of that floating around. That is a 2004 vintage Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame. Exceptionally fine champagne, and believe me I enjoyed it thoroughly.

• ck_squared
    9 years ago

OP -Thanks for review of the river rock. We are just starting our MB remodel and I'm still picking finishes. Good to hear first hand experience.

As far as the Veuve Clicquot goes, I'm quite certain our bottle isn't quite the vintage that yours is. We bought it about a year ago, as I said, but still haven't drank it. Looking forward to it, though!

p.s. I think the edging you used around the niche in your shower is called a Schluter edge. That metal strip lining the outside edge and your shelf. It certainly shines like a metal edge anyway.

• susanjn
    9 years ago

Very pretty!

What is your counter top?

• enduring
    9 years ago

I thought you'd shinnied up the mizzen mast to take that picture. I love the teak decking at the tub edge. I think the stone would feel so good on my feet. I dream of walking on pebble tile. Great job.

• jgopp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

susanjn: it's petra marble, which is kind of a pain to keep clean, I kinda wish I had a different top honestly.

enduring: I don't know if it's teak. I can't really tell though.

• susanjn
    9 years ago

Well the marble looks absolutely gorgeous. I kept enlarging the photo so I could touch it. :)

What is the field tile in the shower?

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

Congratulations, it looks great! I especially love the vanity area.
    Do you like your sliding door hardware for the shower?

• jgopp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

susanjn: that tile is some kind of slate in the shower there. I'm glad you enjoy the marble! Just don't buy it for yourself otherwise you'll hate your life ;) IT IS NEVER CLEAN, I try and try but it's all stained and etched already.

Oaktown: Thanks! I am super happy that the vanity fit to the inch in that spot. I do like the sliding door hardware, it is super smooth, only problem is that it took tons of adjustment to finally get it right, other than that I love it.

• jgopp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Double post my bad

This post was edited by jgopp on Sat, Sep 27, 14 at 12:42

• lkplatow
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Are those medicine cabinets or wall mirrors? If cabinets, would you mind sharing the manufacturer -- that is exactly what I want for our master bath (if we ever get around to doing it!)

• jgopp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

lkplatow, they are actually just wall mirrors, sorry to disappoint!

• jgopp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

lkplatow: you know I was thinking about your question when I was looking at the mirrors the other day. I bet if you had a competent builder they could use these as medicine cabinet fronts. You'd just need to have them build the box with sturdy enough hinges to hold the mirrors. Might be worth investigating if you really wanted them...

• loves2read
    9 years ago

Do you think the amount of grout used with the river rock on the shower floor makes it comfortable or not?
    If you use MORE grout then there is less of separation/impression between rocks--more cushion from more grout so to speak?
    I have actally walked on some of the river rock sheets in store and found them incredibly hard/uncomfortable--but there was no grout between the rocks...

• themarinmaven
    9 years ago

In progress...

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom Remodel on Pinterest

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES