Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pegasus tub, toilet and console

Posted by flipper08 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 14:41

Remodeling second bathroom and had difficulty with matching whites between tub, sink and toilet, etc in last one. This time and considering buying all from pegasus, but haven't ever use before. Any thoughts on quality, price? Any other suggestions? Am buying a clawfoot, toilet and console sink. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pegasus tub, toilet and console

I feel I'm probably going to be in the minority. There are people here who are very serious about their toilets. So, I should preface this by saying that I have modest expectations for my toilets. 1. I expect them to flush without clogging or having to double flush except on rare occasion and 2. they can't be ugly (which I realize is personal opinion). We've used Kohler in the remodel of our powder room and master bathroom if that is any indication of our standard.

About five years ago our first major home project was to finish our basement. It was not plumbed and adding all the plumbing for a full bath was a major expense. By the time we got to purchasing fixtures for the bathroom, we were on a super tight budget. I really liked the Kohler Memoirs pedestal sink, but it was a little smaller than we wanted. At the time, Pegasus had a very similar pedestal sink that was wider with more room around the edges for holding hand soap, etc. and at a lower price. We went with the Pegasus pedestal sink and coordinating toilet.

We've had them for five years and I've been pleased with them. Recently my husband did have to replace the flush valve in the toilet, but he was able to easily do it himself for less than $10. They aren't the nicest ones I've ever seen, but they have functioned well, look nice in my opinion, and were a better budget option.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here