Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbgreen_gw

Crazy floor mounted tub filler plumbing

mbgreen
9 years ago

I purchased a tub that comes with a free standing floor mounted faucet. I intended on installing it, but it seems the plumbing is unnecessarily complex. The plumbing is all centered around a brass fitting that you install / integrate into the flooring. This brass fitting has way too much potential for leaks: screw copper supply to brass fitting, lubricated rubber washers, piece you affix into the floor, and finally the post you screw into the piece that is screwed into the floor. I am sure I am forgetting to mention another, but there are at least 3-4 connections just to get this supply up through the floor. Even worse, there are no shut off valves on the fixture, so unless I want to bury shut offs into the floor joist and create an access panel, I have no way to adjust the connections without turning the entire house supply on and off. I am very comfortable sweating connections and it seems much more reliabe to simply sweat the copper supply up through the floor without this complex brass fitting. Are there any tub fillers that support this approach? Is there a more simple approach to this? Thanks in advance!!

This post was edited by mbgreen on Sat, Sep 13, 14 at 15:06

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County