Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pschwartz_gw

Do you love your shower head & valve system?

pschwartz
10 years ago

Hi,
We're remodeling a master bath and hall bath, looking for recommendations on shower head & valve system.

I've been eyeing the Grohe systems, wondering if the air/rain is as great as they say it is and worth the price.

Otherwise, would love suggestions on brand/model...basically looking for something that has a spa-like feel (rain?) but enough pressure to rinse the conditioner and get that invigorating/soothing shower experience.

We're willing to spend a little more in the master, probably want to go mid-range for hall.

Thanks!

Comment (1)

• shanghaimom
    10 years ago

Yes! We love our new Hansgrohe Axor Citterio Showerpipe system. We've been using it for about four months, now. There is another version (you can easily see them side-by-side on efaucets site) with a rainshower head, but it is 500-1k more depending on finish. To me, this showerhead feels like a rainshower but I can narrow it down for rinising long hair. Both heads have the "air" technology, which gives plenty of oomph. (Though the flow still isn't nearly as strong as an old-fashioned non-restricted flow head.)

It comes with thermostatic and diverter valve included in the guts. (Sorry don't know the terminology!)

The handshower is also included, which, for me, is a MUST for rinsing the walls and glass down for weekly cleaning.

Costs about $1500 on efaucets, which is where I found the best price.