Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
miruca

6" pulls on bath cabinets?

miruca
10 years ago

Are six inch pulls on bath cabinets too big?

The cabinets are 10' - 30" drawers 30" sink cabinet repeated.

Comments (7)

• enduring
    10 years ago

I don't quite understand your drawer dimensions, as you've indicated. But what ever size you use should look in scale with your room and style. Of course there are exceptions, depending on your intensions.

One thing that is important to me as I hunt for vanity pulls is safety. In the bathroom there are bare legs that are moving about. I am looking for smooth pulls that will not harm tender skin.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

I don't get the drawer dimensions either, but I don't think there is a certain ratio. Draw it all up on a scale drawing. I decided that I didn't want my all drawer vanity to look like file drawers, so I put single pulls on the top row. I have really wide pulls on my kitchen cabinets. So I guess it all depends on what you like. Did you know that you can order 3 free Top knobs and also from some from other places (check websites to see) and just pay the shipping costs. A local store would let us buy some and return them too. Try a bunch and soon you will narrow your choices to what you really like. You can put blue tape on the cabinet (if you already have it installed) to see if you like the "look".

Some come with back plates to enhance the look too. So many options...

This is one of the last things you need to decide so relax and do some homework.

-Babka

• miruca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry for the confusion on the spec's's - was trying to simplify and I apparently made it more complex. Babka... it is one of the very last things we are doing - we are within two weeks of inspection and closing :).

The below picture may help - four cabinets at 30" wide each - a 3 Drawer, a sink cabinet, a 3 Drawer, a sink cabinet.

{{gwi:1479348}}

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Do you have a style of pull that you like? The drawer and door pulls don't all HAVE to have the same widths. Does what you like come in various lengths?

This is really subjective, so only you can decide.

I have knobs on the dummy drawers in front of my sinks, and was warned that I might poke myself leaning over the counter top. No problem here. Enduring warns of legs hitting things, which sometime could be the case... I have bruise marks on my shins (ouch) after staying in hotels that had platform beds with edges that stuck out beyond the mattresses that I managed to bang into each time I passed them.

Your choice.

-Babka

• enduring
    10 years ago

I HATE PLATFORM BEDS!

But, back on topic, can you put blue tape on the cabinet drawers/doors to give you an idea of proportion?

Agree with Babka that your choices are subjective.

I personally would go with something that is a common mounting size, so that in the future changing hardware would be easy.

• miruca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I love platform beds - and am comfortably in one at the moment - lol.

The final purchase of this nine month construction project is done! I ordered the bath pulls in the wee hours of the night. Your comments on the bumping into handles were very helpful and made the difference in the final choice. Thanks!

• enduring
    10 years ago

Well, let me clarify, I hate the pointy things called corners. I bump into things like that on occasion, unless it extends all the way up to my field of vision :0 In a catalogue recently I noted that the bases were padded; brilliant!