Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Widespread vs. Centerset Faucets

Posted by tr1140 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 23, 09 at 13:07

Just curious: Is there any rule of thumb to follow when selecting between widespread vs. centerset faucets? Any advantages/disadvantages of one type over the other?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Widespread vs. Centerset Faucets

centreset usually looks cheaper in my opinion (which of course is worth very little).

o

I don't know about asthetics, I think each one can look really nice if used in the proper environment. The higher end bathrooms usually (and I usually because I inspect homes for a living and see centerset used in higherend bathrooms sometimes too) have wide set. We have centerset in our .5 bath so I can say from personal experience that their harder to keep clean because the spacing in between the handles and spout is so small. We have wide set in our master bath and their ok to use and easy to clean, but my favorite is single lever. Simple and classic. I sometimes regret not getting a single lever for our master bath, but live and learn.

o

Widespread are easier to keep clean than centerset but both can look nice.

o

Widespread, 100% of the time (imo) unless it's a tiny powder room.

o

our contractor said that wide spread is rule of thumb for granite counter tops/and I guess single level would work as well but the centerset holes are more difficult to cut I guess---
what about the mini-spread sets--would they would ok with granite

o

Actually, neither!

I prefer the single handle, single pole faucets. I like the minimal look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here