Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Vessel Sink need to match tub

Posted by sandi_w (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 12:30

I am updating one of my 1970s baths on a budget (which is quickly getting out of hand). The tub and toilet (new) are bone. I bought new stone tile (shades of black and beiges, some with a slight rosy touch) to border the tub and cover a new vanity top. Faucets will be ORB. Walls will be Venetian plaster. I want a vessel sink, but does it need to be in bone to match the tub? The ones I've seen look more modern and I want an old world look. Any help welcomed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Vessel Sink need to match tub

I don't think it needs to match the toilet and tub. It might if you were getting a pedestal sink but there are lots of vessel sinks out there made of glass, stone, ceramic and they obviously don't match any tub or toilet. The only color I would stay away from is white. I think the difference would be more noticeable.

o

Thank you Lotteryticket. I've looked and looked at pics online and haven't found exactly what I want yet, but not white for sure.

o

Definitely not! The Vessel sink is usually treated like the 'Jewel in the Crown' (Note, I didn't say Throne...LOL). this is your opportunity to find something completely unique...I would think maybe a copper sink would go with the colours you describe? I just googled copper vessel sink, and boy, I was overwhelmed with the beautiful choices! I linked to one with an overflow drain....very expensive...but it gives you an idea. I've even seen copper sinks in my local plumbing supply store...so they are fairly accessible. I think you can find lots on eBay too.

Here is a link that might be useful: copper vessel sink.

o
RE: Jewel in Crown

Thanks Raehelen. Love your phrase. And I've been looking at an oval copper vessel sink that I like. Fortunately for me, a lot less than the one you googled, if not as nice. With 3 old, out of date bathrooms to re-do I have to be very cost conscious.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here