Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toto Shower and Tub Fixtures / Valves

Posted by wolfgang80 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 12:28

We're finalizing our tub and shower fixtures. After much online research , a lot of mind changes, and a loosening of the budget, we're now looking at valve trim and valves from Grohe (Arden), Toto (Vivian), and Kohler (Purist), listed in order from least to most expensive, with the Purist running about $200 more than the Grohe. By looks alone, we'd choose the Purist. By looks and price, we'd choose the Toto. The Grohe package is close in price to the Toto, but the wife prefers the look of the Toto valve trim with the cross handle.
I've looked but haven't found any reports on the quality of Toto faucets. I can wink at Google and get a deluge of Toto toilet reviews. Not so much for the faucets. Do any of you have any experience with Toto valve trim, valves, shower heads, etc?
Thanks for your thoughts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toto Shower and Tub Fixtures / Valves

We have the Vivian faucets and tub filler with the level handles. We are happy with them. We've only had them a month, but so far no complaints. The clean lines really appealed to us - they are sleek with a touch of modern design, yet still appropriate for a traditional 1950's house like ours. I looked for months for the right faucets, and I'm very pleased with our selection.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

um, I meant *lever* handles

o

Thanks Pipdog. You have a beautiful bathroom. If you are still around could you answer two more questions? What is your vanity countertop material? What brand and colour grout did you use on your shower floor?

o

Hi wolfgang, thanks. The counters and tub surround are Caesarstone Pure White. We used the leftover pieces for the shower threshold and the niche shelves. The grout is C-Cure and is called "Winter Frost". It is a cool light gray color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here