Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grout sealant drying up uneven

Posted by tartanhabit (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 12:08

Hey folks

I'm having yet another grout problem.

Our floor tile grout was sealed yesterday and this morning it looks uneven as if some patches are still wet. Can it really take this long to dry out in a warmish N. Cal climate?

I'm just paranoid we are going to end up with uneven grout tone as I've just lost faith in my contractor when it comes to grout. Before it was sealed the grout did actually look ok and pretty even.

Will it likely continue to even out so it looks the way it did before it was sealed?

Thanks. So ready to be done with this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grout sealant drying up uneven

It SHOULD even out by the time a week is up. MAX.

o

Bill, I wish you did work in California! It's still looking a bit uneven and my contractor doesn't have a lot to say about it. I'm ready to hire a grout doctor to re-do at this rate.

Should a sealant change the appearance of the grout to any extent?

o

Depends. An enhancer will. A standard penetrating sealer shouldn't change the look at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here