Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rsoronen

Chrome, lavender, & taupe bathroom is done - bunches of photos!

Renée Soronen
12 years ago

My bathroom remodel is finished! Thank you so much to everyone here who gave me advice and ideas. 95% of my choices were a direct result of research on this board. I decided my priority with this room, which is our master bathroom, is that it be practical and easy to clean. It will be the most used bathroom, and having a lot of nooks and crevices just doesn't make for an always-clean room (which is what I want).

Oh, and for anyone planning, my room size is 5'x10'.

Here are a few before photos:

And here it is now:

Here is what I used (I will go into some detail because that helped me when I was planning my bathroom out):

Shower fixtures - Hansgrohe S collection. I bought it all together from faucetdirect - http://www.faucetdirect.com/hansgrohe-hg-t201-double-handle-shower-spa-shower-system-thermostatic-trim-volume-control-diverter-rainshower-showerhead-hand/p1682635 It works beautifully, and we can have both showerheads on or either one. Very affordable, as well.

Sink Faucet - Grohe Arden. Wonderful water flow - not a lot of pressure, but tons of smooth water. I really love it.

Toilet - Tote Eco Drake. So far, so good. Have only been using it for a few weeks now, so we'll see. Comfortable seat, too. :)

Vanity - Merillat Classic in Kona finish, Portrait style w/ 5-piece door. Semi-custom. I got the three pieces separately and installed together. It came in an 18" depth which is what I needed, otherwise I would've probably gotten something cheaper. It cost around $650 total.

Counter - Marbelite in matte bedrock, grande sink with alpine bowl. No seams. Awesome to clean. Good customer service here - I emailed them a question on faucet hole drilling configuration/depths, and they got back to me quickly with details.

Floor - Ege Seramik Imperial White 13"x13"

Shower Floor - Ege Seramik Imperial White 13"x13" Mosaic (small squares are 2")

Shower Walls - Ege Seramik Imperial White 10"x13"

Mosaic Accent - Have to look this up.

Fan - Nutone 80CFM HD80NT. Not my first choice, I wanted a Panasonic, but to get things moving I needed one that fit in the existing hole and worked with weird attic configuration issues. This was the one. It has a metal face plate that is a nice bright white (which I like) and doesn't rattle or make any strange noise. I'm happy with it!

Fan timer - Have to report back.

Wall Sconces - Hinkley Lighting "Anna" collection, model 5780CM. These look like the mounting base is round on all the websites' photos online, but are actually oval. I was disappointed, but they are still beautiful, and I do not regret my choice.

Towel Ring - Grohe (#40365) Essential 8" in Starlight Chrome

Robe (Towel) Hooks - Kohler Stillness (#K-14458-CP)These do hold towels very well. I hated to spend so much on them, but I'm SO glad I did.

Toilet Paper Holder - Hansgrohe E and S Accessory (#HG40526000)Paper Holder, Chrome

Paint - Behr Satin in Hosta Flower

Mirror Clips - CRL Chrome Round Mirror Clip - These clips are AWESOME! I had the shower door installer cut down our old mirror (for free) and installed it using these. Saved a ton of money and I really like the look.

Shower Hooks - 3M Command hooks, Modern Reflection style in chrome. Hung using 3M's water-resistant refill strips.

Rugs - Linden Street cotton reversible bath rugs in frosted grape

Comments (14)

• cat_mom
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

What a nice change! I'll bet you are thrilled (and rightly so!). I know I still marvel at how wonderful it is to have/use our reno'd bathrooms, even a year later.

• Fori
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing...and thanks for doing lavender. (Some of us need to show photos to spouses to make them realize how nice it is!)

Looks great!

• shabbu
    12 years ago

Wow that looks great. Did you install everything yourself, including those lovely shower tiles?

• treasuretheday
    12 years ago

Beautiful transformation! It looks lovely and I'm sure you're enjoying it. (I particularly like your one-of-a-kind accessory in the photo of the floor tiles!)

• Renée Soronen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

cat_mom - Yes! It's been amazing. This is the first whole room remodel I've ever done, and it just feels...good. :P

fori - Thank you! I tried to pick a "manly" lavender, so that it would be fairly unisex. I think I succeeded, it is somewhat muted so that helps it be more grey-ish lavender.

minal - I wish I could say that we did it ourselves, but no, we had a contractor do the tile, glass door, and the plumbing. They did a great job and did everything the way I would have, with no weird grout lines or tile sizes. I'm very pleased, and they were affordable, too! My husband and I tackled the electrical including the new fan (attics suck), and also the vanity knobs and accessory hardware.

treasuretheday - Thanks, and the accessory likes the new bathroom too! She's always loved bathtubs and showers, and she just goes in there and hangs out randomly now. :)

• sas95
    12 years ago

Very pretty. I really like the lavender.

• Olychick
    12 years ago

What a lovely bathroom! I probably wouldn't have thought lavender could look so good, but it's really nice to see something a little different and fresh looking. great job!

• janealexa
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

• annkathryn
    12 years ago

Very pretty - I like your choice to use the same tile in different sizes for the floor and walls. Love the mosaic tile too.

• Stacey Collins
    12 years ago

Very pretty! Great colors. Congratulations!

• tikatoo
    12 years ago

It is just lovely! Great job. I love the glass mosaic and the niches!! I hope ours turns out as nicely!

• busybee3
    12 years ago

looks very nice! the purple looks so nice with the beiges!

i think i have the same accent tile as you do... i love the depth that the matte glass gives-i think mixing it with the marble enhances that.

is yours 'distressed' in that the tiles have been tumbled and are not all smooth? that is what ours are, but your grout seems to be neater and seems to have gotten in fewer grooves/chips/edges than ours---can't tell for sure though if your little tiles have been tumbled...yours is more along the lines of what i thought ours would look like when grouted...!!

• Renée Soronen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Everyone, thank you so much for the compliments!

busybee ~ The mosaic I used is CI Glass Castagno Chocolate 5/8" mosaic. I did fall in love with the mix of matte and polished glass with marble - so cool! The glass parts are all totally square - no distressing. The marble pieces, though, are somewhat distressed with some pits on the surface and somewhat rough edges. The grout did get into those a bit. It may not show on the pictures above. Let me go take a few close ups right now, and you can see how it looks...

It's only been in use about two months, so I'm kind of hoping that the grout will slowly fall out of the pits in the marble. I know it probably won't happen...but maybe if I get in there with a toothbrush or something... :D Anyway, it doesn't bother me too much, so I'll live either way.

• busybee3
    12 years ago

ok, thanks for the closeups! ... you have a very similar, but different mosaic than i have... wish we had the smooth edged now! that's the problem when the tile store doesn't have ALL the products on display grouted!! lol. oh well...ours isn't that bad!

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional