Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mileaday

Has anyone purchased from efaucet?

mileaday None
14 years ago

I can save some money ordering some of my bath items from efaucet.com but I have seen some negative reviews about damaged products and customer service. The money that I can save won't be worth it if I run into problems. Does anyone have personal experience dealing with this company?

Comments (49)

• kgsd
    14 years ago

I recently purchased a toilet from them. I have not opened the boxes to check for damage, but the toilet arrived promptly. I had some missed communications with the shipping company and had to contact efaucets for shipper information, and efaucets was very helpful.

• jasonchristopher
    14 years ago

Try out plumbtile.com They're really good with getting stuff to where it needs to be. I've ordered a Stone Forest product from there (all granite), and it came in just fine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plumbtile's Home page

• mileaday None
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the feed back. After seeing the negative responses online, I decided to ask for a price match at the local Lowes. I got the discounted prices and even tho I have to pay state sales tax, I still saved. Actually, 2 items were cheaper at Lowes and two at Home Depot. Since it was all special order stuff, they didn't do the 10% back. I feel more confident that all will arrive safely and if not I can at least deal with it in person. It did take forever to place the order even tho I had all the info and price match #s. The salesperson I worked with was great but their computer system is worse than terrible.

• plumeriavine
    14 years ago

This thread deserves a bump. I was about to finalize my order of a dozen items with efaucets.com and then I noticed that a $70 bond was added to my efaucets.com shopping cart order near the bottom, where sales tax would usually be found. I hadn't added that item. I went more carefully back through the whole e-faucets.com order process and found where you need to uncheck the bond box or you are charged for a bond.

Sneaky.

Anyways, my suspicions were aroused.

I entered "efaucets complaints" in Google and discovered lots of customer complaints. Serious customer complaints.

I wonder if the credit card processor is making them include a bond now.

Needless to say, I am not ordering from efaucets.com.

I am giving a local person a chance to bid my job.

I am prepared to pay more, and sales tax. Will gladly do so. No money is saved to buy from a company like efaucets.com that does not stand behind what they do.

• phillipeh
    14 years ago

We used eFaucets.com when my parents-in-law built their home. Ordered all their faucets and 2 vessel sinks. Had no problems whatsoever. We also used them when we built our house just last year (2009). Again, no problems. Everything arrived in perfect condition and on time.

If only we'd been so lucky with the contractor, the flooring guy, and the tile guy.....

• rtorgy1
    14 years ago

I've ordered a few things from them, and everything came fine. The box containing my pedestal sink look like it went through a crusher, though, but luckily the sink was intact. I still have to order bath faucets, is there another online retailer that any one can recommend?

• suero
    14 years ago

I purchased Grohe shower and sink fixtures from Faucet Direct (faucetdirect.com). They weren't the cheapest, but were close, and everything came on time in perfect condition. I purchased bathroom accessories from Plumbtile. They were the cheapest for those items. I had to do a lot of follow-up, but I did get everything in time and the stuff was packaged like fine jewelry.

• kgsd
    14 years ago

Funny this thread should come up again.

I have made several purchases for my remodel from efaucets. I would say that overall my experience is positive - everything arrived reasonably quickly with nothing broken (I was a little nervous about the toilet, since I didn't stupidly didn't open the boxes until 6 months after it was delivered). However, I have a few caveats:

I find the bond thing that plumeria mentions a little annoying.

I just had a fixture arrive in the wrong finish. Not a huge problem BUT it has been a little bit of a pain getting it fixed. I tried sending an email and doing a live chat to get a resolution but was told to call. The live chat representative was not good at answering my question directly, which was a little frustrating. More frustrating was the hold time when calling - 12 minutes the first time before I hung up, then 57 minutes the second time (hung up again), then finally about 6 minutes when someone answered. The rep who finally answered was courteous and helpful, though. This call was just yesterday so I don't yet have a resolution.

• Stacey Collins
    14 years ago

I submitted my entire bathroom reno order for bids from several of these online places. I ended up purchasing from ebuildersmerchant.com, whose online website is called namebrandfaucets.com. They came back with one of the lowest cost+shipping totals, and they were very helpful. Communication was great, and all of my items arrived promptly. I highly recommend them.

• bostonpam
    14 years ago

I used faucetdirect.com for most of my items. When I called them they gave me additinal 10% off of my on-line order. Everything shipped quick. They made sure I got my valves in time. Great customer service.

• michellemarie
    14 years ago

I purchased 2 bathroom faucets and 2 kitchen faucets from Homeandstone.com which I learned about on this site. The items came directly from the manufacturers and where packaged very well. I had a fantastic experience with them. Sorry I can't comment on efaaucet for you, but it does seem on the kitchen side of the forums, a lot of people order from homeandstone.

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

We just ordered and received a Delta Grail faucet and soap dispenser from faucetdirect.com (for a soon-to-be-installed utility sink). Their price was among the cheapest (one other place showed even cheaper pricing, but not as many favorable reviews of the vendor), and most or all positive vendor reviews. Free shipping and No tax (outside of CA?). I placed the order over the phone, as I had some ques re: availability and delivery date. The cust svce people with whom I spoke (two separate calls) were polite, knowledgeable, and helpful. I placed the order on Monday and received the items yesterday (Friday). I was told the items would be all new, in the boxes, with full manuf warranty, and as far as I can tell, they are.

• kimmieb
    14 years ago

http://www.my3cents.com/productReview.cgi?company=efaucet

My post disappeared about these guys and my experience with a sink from them. Please read there policies for returns and shipments BEFORE buying. It's one of those things, buying on the internet is great when it goes well but, can be a nightmare when it goes bad. In my case I'm out $1000 for a Shaw sink and have no recourse because it was broken when we got it but we didn't open it and let the shipper leave it in our garage. 3 months later, opened it up and it was unusable. Tried to get an exchange or refund, no luck. It was their policy, that if you sign for something sent truck freight it's yours. Since they aren't authorized to sell the Shaw product I bought, the manufacturer can't help either. I filed a complaint with the BBB of WI and someone else sent me to a board (link above) that had a ton of complaints especially about refunds when exchanging.

Just be careful if you purchase from efaucets.com, as you can see they also have several other internet companies too.

http://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/business-reviews/internet-shopping/eimprovement-com-llc-in-racine-wi-44022465/

• andreadeg
    14 years ago

We purchased many of our fixtures for our bathroom remodel (toilet, shower faucets, sink faucets) through efaucet and I'm happy to say the whole experience was great. We had absoutly no problems whatsoever, and hence didn't have to engage customer service.

We ordered our bathtub from Vintage tubs who had great customer service, but the order got totally messed up.

someone in a post above said that ordering online is great if everything goes perfectly, but not great if things don't go perfectly. I second that! I think we got lucky with efaucets and the experience could have turned out completely differently.

• kimmieb
    14 years ago

Right Andredeg, it's a lot about luck .. I order off the internet all the time for a lot of things not just in my remodel. I had never had a bad experience until the sink one with efaucets (post above yours). In fact I ordered a couple of other things from them before that and got them undamaged.

Another area that I found with these web store fronts not just efaucets for home products is that they don't ship right away even though they say they do. One of my light fixtures took months to come from one company which was okay. But, when I needed a valve for my shower fixture I bought off the internet and it said it was in stock and I paid for overnight shipping, I was told that they didn't process orders for 48 hours or more. That's not overnight now is it. At least not along the lines of ordering from a Pottery Barn or someone like that. I had to order and cancel and call 3 different places to get it. In the end, it took like 10 days to get the valve.

We all just need to be careful, read the fine print and err on the side of caution. In some cases many cases you can save a lot of money on the internet. You can also save the cost of time spent, time running around shopping (which I hate) so for me buying online is really more about convenience. It makes me crazy when certain things are only available in a showroom or dealer. But, then that's how companies protect the integrity of their products and service. I know this as I owned a business and hated it when my customers challenged me with online prices that were from shadey sources. It's all a trade off and what your tolerance for risk is.

After my experience with Efaucets, I am a lot more cautious about what I buy and who I buy it from online. I definitely will never by from efaucets.com ever again after the sink issue. That's my opinion though.

• ewood9_nycap_rr_com
    13 years ago

I've been researching a lot about consumer complaints against eFaucets because we have a problem right now. I can't believe the mess we have on our hands. We ordered a 2nd time from eFaucets (first no problem and loved item). However, the 2nd is an on-going battle (we ordered faucet in Nov)! I agree with previous posts -customer service sucks. They would not take an exchange/return until we used Live chat. We were frustrated at how much we had to do as customer to get this arranged but the tipping point for us ....a random 2nd order arrived on our doorstep (we never authorized a 2nd order) and it's Feb and we still can't get our credit back from eFaucets. We've given them one week before filing a formal complaint w/ BBB of Wisconsin. Buyer (of eFaucets) BE VERY AWARE!!

• mdamelio7_gmail_com
    13 years ago

absolutely horrible service... would never ever ever recommend.....

• chinooktoe_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

Worst internet business experience I have ever had. Ordered an airswitch for garbage disposal. Only the button arrived. A month later, still no electrical switch. eFaucets would not refund my money. Said it would take weeks more to get the switch. Failed to have UPS pick up button. I had to talk to them many times to coordinate pick up.

• Libby_allbaugh_com
    12 years ago

The worst internet service I have experienced to date! The only thing worse then having your entire house burn down is dealing with efaucets. I wish that I had done research on the company before spending 4,000 dollars and getting no merchandise on time. When I called, I was not allowed to speak with a manager and was basically told that my Items had been shipped freight by mistake and would not arrive for a week. I was told that there was nothing they could do and they refused to reship the items overnight without me repurchasing them. I was told however that they would refund $5 of my air freight charge. LOL - hows that gonna help me pay my $120 per hour plumber who has no parts?

• renoufj
    12 years ago

FYI the number to call them is 888-201-2468������

I like their stuff big time.

• hoang71
    11 years ago

We had ordered and PAID FOR 11 items for our bathroom renovation. On receiving our shipment, we discovered that two items were missing.

After DAYS and NUMEROUS calls and given the run-around on the 2 missing items, the woman who said she'll look into it decided to cut a major attitude and had the audacity to accuse us of never having ordered or even paid for the 2 items when we have a copy of confirmation receipt and credit card statement.

Besides having wasted my time and having to acquire the missing parts from elsewhere, I now have the added headaches of trying to recover the money that eFaucets technically STOLE from us AND a renovation contractor who can't extend his schedule due to this delay.

I hope enough people read these reviews to put these PETTY CRIMINALS out of business!

• ysk00
    11 years ago

EFaucet has terrible customer service. I ordered a bathroom towel hook from them. The hook was too big and I mailed the hook back to them. I did not received any refund for four weeks. I finally called them and they confirmed that they have received the returned item. It is now another four weeks since that phone call. I just call them again to inquire and the customer rep was extremely rude, just said he cannot do anything except refer my case to credit department. I ask if he could look up their records on what is going on and he say no. They act like frausters! Eight weeks out and they are still "processing" a refund that they have confirmed receipt of the returned item. Anyone has suggestion on what I can do?

• Gracie
    11 years ago

I just called them today about a bath light everyone else had out of stock. The website said they had 42 in stock. They had none.

• igs4u
    10 years ago

lousy experience with efaucet.com as well. ordered 2 sinks on a friday afternoon. after discussing with my contractor same day, realized they were the wrong size. called and emailed efaucet (within 24 hours from purchase as they suggest) to cancel order and received confirmation via email ("customer service reply") and over the phone with representative. all done on saturday (24 period). as they are "closed" sunday, i called first thing monday morning to confirm cancellation and was placed on hold for about 15 minutes. rep then confirmed that they had not shipped, order and charges would be cancelled (included freight charge of $53 plus cost of sinks). today (wed.) the sinks i had cancelled and confirmed such) arrived at my house, one with a damaged box and styrofoam leaking out. called back co. and they said the best that could be done is for me to pay for shipping back to them and they would not charge me a restocking fee. what a fiasco!! a huge amount of wasted time and effort. very poorly run business. recommend you shop elsewhere!!!!!!

• SarahShortstop
    10 years ago

Very similar experience to those above. I ordered 2 faucets for $600. I found out that they were out of stock for more than a month and wouldn't be in time for my job so I cancelled the order a few days later. It is 10 weeks out and they still have not issued a refund for a product they never shipped! I have contacted my credit card company to intervene. I am contacting the BBB as well.

• christine40
    10 years ago

I just ordered a master bath faucet and shower rough valve and shower trim from efaucets. They had the best price. I was able to check stock on line--found out that the brand I chose (Brizo) is not often stocked and is 5-7days...sometimes as long as 2weeks. I had the time, I ordered on Saturday July 27. got a shipping confirmation Monday July 29....I assumed for the shower rough valve as that was a stock item-it was set to arrive on Friday Aug 2. We were on vacation that week, and arrived home on thursday Aug 1 to find a nice big Brizo box on the porch. It had arrived on July 31-it was the shower trim. And the rest of my order came as expected on Aug 2. I was very satisfied, my order arrived in full in 5 business days. Price was right. I had called Brizo prior to placing the order to see if they were authorized for warranty purposes and they are. So no complaints here!

This post was edited by christine40 on Tue, Aug 6, 13 at 7:57

• lindalp
    10 years ago

I am bumping this, because I found it very helpful.

• upstate
    10 years ago

This place is terrible.

When the faucet I ordered did not arrive when expected, I called (after waiting on hold for 18 minutes!), was told it wouldn't be for another 4 weeks. I told them that did not work for me, and is way past the date I was told when checked for stock status before I ordered. I told them to cancel it, and was then told I would have to pay a cancellation fee! Unacceptable. And now, my credit card has been charged for the item never shipped.

I have tried to call several times, with wait times of up to 30 minutes. And several of those times, after waiting for 15 minutes or more, I'm then cut off. I have no recourse other than to report them to my credit card company.

The few dollars you think you'll save, is not worth the dealing with this place.

• rockybird
    10 years ago

I ordered 4 toto toilets from them 2-3 yrs. ago. They had the best price by far. I received them quickly. All of them arrived together on a pallet, well packed with no damage. I was pleasantly surprised. After reading some of these posts, though, I feel like maybe I was lucky!

• hattonator
    10 years ago

Yes. DO NOT ORDER FROM E-Faucets! They will tell you the product is in stock and it isn't. I think they simply receive your order and straight out lie. Once you place your order I think they then order the product even though they falsely confirm it's in stock status.

That being said, I ordered a Toto Toilet and Toto faucets. The toilet took 9 1/2 weeks to get here. Still no faucets. So I cancelled the faucet order. Reason requested. Answer given. I had to get the faucets before Thanksgiving for my clients. I ordered from another online supplier and the faucets were here in 3 days!

Now here's the real kicker. e-faucets charged me $164 because I cancelled the order! And it took 20 days to get my credit card credit back!

This company is just all around bad and deceptive. I'm telling you loud and clear. Stay away from efaucets.

• rboop
    9 years ago

They are the worst online company. We ordered a sink that was listed as being "in stock" it ended up being a special order that took 4 weeks to receive. We finally bought another sink from ubuild.com and had it installed before we received this sink from faucets! After many phone calls they finally send us an email on how to return the sink. We found out that we had to pay shipping and 20% restocking fee. This $287 sink will cost $164 to return! Ridiculous!! Order from build.com they are the best!!

• LizinFlorida
    9 years ago

I recently used both eFaucets and FaucetDirect for a bathroom remodel. Both items (A bathroom light fixture and shower system). They both arrived in only a few days and in perfect condition. I spoke with customer service on both occasions to ask advice on the products and found them both to be knowledgable, helpful, and nice.

• badgergal
    9 years ago

I purchased from them recently and the item arrived in less than a week in perfect condition. YMMV.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Ditto what both Liz and badger said.

• anfelicita
    8 years ago

I certainly would not recommend that anyone who wishes to have their product buy through efaucet. I always read reviews but failed to do so when I realized their website had the kohler toilet available to same the same day. For one week they did not contact me. I also realized I had not received any tracking number so I decided to contact them. The lady on the phone but me on hold for about 5 minutes and then came back on the line to tell me that toilet "was no longer available from the manufacture." Again let's remember this item up until s still on their website available to be shipped right away. To make matters worse she said it was take about 15 days for me to get my $600 back. I told her I would void the charges on my end if I didn't get my money back to promptly buy another toilet. After I hung up, I called Kohler and they were quite surprised and upset faucet would tell such a lie. When I called them back and spoke to Jennie a supervisor, the story had changed. She said it's not that it's discontinued. They can't get it from their warehouse. She you are looking for good and reliable service, order through build.com. It took 2 days for me to get the same toilet!!!!

• Edward B
    7 years ago

Absolutely terrible customer service. All returns at your shipping expense plus 15% restock fee. Sent me a toilet with a mismatched tank top and said I would have to take it up with Kohler. AVOID THIS COMPANY, they give internet sales a bad name.

• mcaudill
    7 years ago

I will NEVER use eFaucets again. If your lucky enough to get the right product your fine, but the return policies are horrible and customer service just as bad! I purchased several items including a Kohler Impressions vanity sink top. The eFaucets site says the item is "white" and the photo looks white, but the sink was actually a white with crackle finish. There was no way to know this from the eFaucets site. So I called in to return it, they FIRST told me to send photos. I did. Then they sent me a return instructions letter. The letter was generic and did not address my return specifically. So I called again to see how I should ship the item and to see why I had to pay a restock fee of 15% on item they had not properly described. This time I was told that I had to return the item using freight shipping at my cost AND that the that the restock fee would not be waived BECAUSE I should have known the Kohler Impressions had a crackle finish! So in order to return an item that cost $356.25 I would need to pay freight shipping (about $175) AND the restock fee of $53.43.

SO if the return was accepted (which I was told was not guaranteed!), I would get $127.82 of my original $356.25 back on a mistake caused by their lack of a proper item description.

NEVER use eFaucets!

• User
    7 years ago

Seriously, in this day and age, where information is so readily available and easily found online, why would you not look in other places and do your proper research before ordering from ANY company? If you don't know what you are ordering, unless the manufacturer improperly describes the item, you haven't got a leg to stand on. Admit the fact that you ordered from the lowest cost online seller (and how, precisely, do you think they make that low cost possible????). Take some responsibility for your purchases. eFaucets is a product of consumer desire for low cost, NOT consumer desire for better-described products.

Good grief.

• stephra123
    6 years ago

Do not buy from them. Buyers Beware! This company has borderline unethical practices. They did not fill my order because the product they sold me (and took my money for) turned out to be unavailable (yet it's still on their website!). This cost me several hundred dollars to have my bathroom replumbed… Then they had the audacity to not credit me back for the order they could not fill. I've spent over an hour of my life on the line with their customer service (even the customer service rep was horrified by what happened) trying to get my money back and went so far as to write their CEO to share the feedback and allow them to make good on their customer service. To no avail. That was another hour wasted trying to get his office to be responsive. I would advise anyone who values time, money and service to carefully consider any other option before purchasing here. Be careful of smoke and mirrors that make it seem like a good deal. I never write these types of reviews but I could not sit by and not share this publicly to hopefully save someone else from this trouble. Good luck.

• eric_r_henley
    6 years ago

Do not buy from this site!

Order a light fixture and it didn't work out. Now trying to return it for WEEKS. Site says easy returns. NOT SO MUCH.

Constant run-around.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

• John Simmons
    5 years ago

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Do not order from them. shipped my toilet in their own crappy packaging instead of the Kohler packaging,,,,the bowl arrived broken, and have been dealing with them and UPS and Amazon to try and get the order (bowl and tank) returned and refunded for days. the customer service rep at efaucets said they would only pick up the tank...what do they want with a broken tank. Really??? What do I want with a broken tank??? Rude!

• John Simmons
    5 years ago

oh yeah, and I ended up purchasing the toilet from Ferguson, in factory packaging, for a $100 less! Sweet! Bye Bye, efaucets.

• John Simmons
    5 years ago

just found out they are in Wisconsin.....shame on you efaucets for giving the typically "pride of commitment and quality" people of Wisconsin a bad name.

• Carolyn She-She Joyner
    5 years ago

eFaucets did not ship my faucet after 2 weeks. I have cancelled the order, but have been waiting 3 days for e-mail confirmation that my order was cancelled. They are slow to ship and returns are a hassle. STAY AWAY FROM eFAUCETS!

• PRO
    DaVinci Homes by Michael Marino
    5 years ago

Go ANY WARE else. E-faucets is a horrible company to deal with. They are nothing short of snake oil salesman. All smiles and nice things to say until you have a problem. I bought 4 vanities from them. All were in stock, or so I was told. Thirty days later they were finally shipped. All 4 were damaged upon receipt. I called them, they told me to refuse shipment and they would reship. After several weeks of no vanities I called the manufacturer and got things moving myself. They are so bad the manufacturer cut them off as a distributor.

• Carolyn She-She Joyner
    5 years ago
    Don’t buy from Efaucets...the sell you products that you don’t need and don’t respond when you have a return.
  • howison
    5 years ago

I recommend you not use efaucets. Prices were competitive, but service is poor. They leave you to dispose of damaged goods( I had to arrange a truck at my cost to do it) and their return policy is uncompetitive with Lowe’s and Home Depot.

• sambuca15
    4 years ago

I would NOT order from them ever again....

If I could give eFaucets negative 2 stars, I would. I ordered a Kohler shower trim valve for a bathroom remodel. When the plumber showed up to install it, I was informed that I ordered the wrong item and that it wouldn’t work. I packaged it up carefully, contacted eFaucets to initiate the return, and shipped it off. I paid for shipping myself as I get an enormous discount with Fedex through my work. It was delivered to eFaucets 2 days later. After 2 weeks, I still had no received any confirmation whatsoever from eFaucets that my return had been received. I contacted them to inquire about what was happening with my return. Later that same afternoon, I was issued a refund for the two items in the return (I also returned the water valve that goes behind the wall in the shower).

The next morning, I received an email from eFaucets (at this point they had had the trim valve in their possession for 12 days) stating that they were rescinding the credit for the trim valve because there was a scratch on it. The email I received from them included the email forwarded within eFaucets from the receiving department to the customer service department. It stated that there was damage to the box in which the item was shipped and that the credit should be reversed. So, to be clear, they received the item, did not contact me about receiving it, did not reach out to me to state that the box was damaged in transit, and then after 12 days of it sitting in their warehouse, claimed that it was damaged.

I have a REALLY hard time believing that Fedex damaged the box. I have shipped hundreds of packages with Fedex and have literally never had a single damage claim. Having packaged these items personally, I find it exceptionally difficult to believe that Fedex damaged the box and that somehow it just scratched the face of this trim valve.

But, I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I contacted eFaucets and asked to be sent pictures of the damaged box and of the damage to the returned trim valve. I could not get a manager on the phone. I was told multiple times when I called that she was the only manager at eFaucets and that she was “in a meeting”. I left a message and was told I would get a return phone call. After 3 business days I heard nothing. Sound of crickets. I called again on the 3rd business day. I finally reached the lone manager and was assured that she would send the requested pictures so that I could file a claim with Fedex. I NEVER heard back from anyone. Nothing.

So, I contacted my credit card company and disputed the reversal of the credit. Thankfully, they took care of it.

In short, I wouldn’t order ANYTHING from this wretched company. My suspicion is that they damaged the item after it arrived and tried to pin it on me. Never again.