Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katalase_gw

Narrow Bathtub (~27-28' width)?

katalase
16 years ago

Has anyone come across a good quality (preferably not porcelain over steel) tub? The house we're going to remodel in a few months currently has a narrow bathtub (probably 28") that's 5' in length. The narrowest 5' tubs I've come across so far are about 30", and we probably don't have the 2" to spare..

Comments (12)

• organic_donna
    16 years ago

I ordered the Porcher Ardennes bathing pool. It's cast iron and is not meant for a shower. I am putting in a universal tile flange kit so I can use it to shower. It is 27" wide. It is being discontinued so hurry if you want to order it.
    Donna

• efmiller
    16 years ago

Sunrise Specialty also has one that is 27.5 inches wide, but it is enameled cast iron. It is narrow, but can be used for a shower. My teenage daughters are comfortable showering in it, but my husband is not. It is quite deep though, which is why we got it. It has 14" water depth. As I recall, their prices are reasonable, but their shipping is not. So make sure you get the shipping costs before you order.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunrise Specialty

• marisany
    16 years ago

I'm reviving this thread because I, also, need a very narrow 5" tub. The space I have is almost 29" wide. I need a tub/shower combination, and I know that the Ardennes does not have a built-in flange.

I hope you see this, Donna. I have seen your bathroom thread. I love your bathroom, and I see that you used a universal tile flange with the Ardennes. Does this work well? I know that you do not use the shower much. I'm also worried about the sloping sides and very narrow bottom. Is it possible to take a shower comfortably? We will be using the shower much more than the tub.

• beantownrenovator
    15 years ago

bump - would love some ideas

• marisany
    15 years ago

No ideas to add, but we gave up on the tub idea and are doing a shower only.

• setancre
    15 years ago

The only other tub I have been able to find that fits this size is made by Oceania. If I ever get around to starting my bathroom remodel it is the tub I was planning on using. Very deep (17.5 inches to overflow), made of high quality acrylic, integrated tile flange, and available without jets/bells/whistles. The price I was quoted was approx $800 about a year ago.

Please keep us updated if you make a decision!

Here is a link that might be useful: Oceania Unity 28

• shelacious
    15 years ago

My original tub was 60x27(ish) I did a 60x30 tub by Maxx--the Maax Modest. It's an acrylic tub. It really measured at 60x29 though. My contractors had to do a tiny bit of work, but it fit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maax Modest

• red_lilies
    2 years ago

Oor Studios, did you find a solution? My daughter is facing the same problem with a condo remodel. Duravit has two tubs in the Starck line (700331 and 700332) that look like they could work, just wondered what you got and how it worked out.

This old Mom is wondering how hard it is to step over a 19" curb!

• HU-617029618
    last year

I have a narrow tub. Measures 27 &1/2 inches on the outside, but that's not counting the tile on the wall side, so at least 28 inches wide at the widest. Seems to be about 5 ft. long, (standard ). I don't have a space limitation and am going to install regular 36 inch wide tub. I need to get this one out. I realize it may be kind of unusual, especially if someone has space limitations. So I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in this one before it gets demolished. Please let me know. I don't know if its allowed, but my phone is 505 720-8522 Dave Thanks.

• User
    last year

That is not a code compliant size. Which is why that are no longer being made.

• Sonia Burrows
    last year

Verbo, that appears to be for showers, not bathtubs.