Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bathtub/shower splash guard

Posted by nosoccermom (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 9:18

This may be too low budget for this forum, but can anybody recommend a tub/shower splash guard? It's for a rental and needs to be foolproof. Do the little corner thingies really work or should I go for the big 30.00 version?
Alternatively, I may spring for a European-style tub glass screen.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bathtub/shower splash guard

I think the corner thingies work fine for a rental.

And for the record, I think the euro-style glass screens are horrific. I hate them. Water, water, everywhere it seems. When I've showered in a tub with a euro-screen I'm always showering defensively, trying to keep the water inside the tub. Thus, a horrible choice for a rental.

FWIW, in Europe where the "euro-style screens" are used, every bathroom that I've seen them installed in is a wet room. A tiled floor with a floor drain. Both hotels and residential.

o

I'm at the point where we are getting ready to order a tub/shower screen and this is our first choice. Is this the kind of thing that's a problem?

Here is a link that might be useful: fleurco tub screen

o

These certainly look nice - I saw one in a store yesterday. It seems to me that as long as it's wide enough - say 48" - it will contain the splash. I don't have personal experience, but was looking into a doorless shower, and this seemed to be the minimum coverage people were happy with.

o

Any feedback on the longer splash guard?

And thank you for the feedback on the glass screen. I had looked at these tub screens, http://www.dullesglassandmirror.com/store/bathtub-screens.aspx?cs=&ps=&ss=29

Here is a link that might be useful: shower splash guard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here