Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light and Medicine Cab don't fit - Restoration Hardware

Posted by grannabelle (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 6, 08 at 8:45

we bought an inset medicine cabinet and light fixture from Restoration Hardware...Medicine cabinet (colonial style with crown molding) is installed - light fixture being installed. When light is installed properly, the molding from the cabinet extends almost 1/2 way across the bulbs from the fixture. The fixture needs to extend approx two more inches from the wall to clear the cabinet...any suggestions? fixture was very expensive and since they are from the same place, i am surprised they would not work together...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light and Medicine Cab don't fit - Restoration Hardware

If you can't return the fixture, maybe bring it to a metal shop and have something put on the back of the fixture in a matching metal to hold it away from the wall. Can you post a photo of the fixture. Hard to try and help without seeing what it looks like. Maybe build out part of the wall it's mounted on?

They should take it back though, unless it was custom.

o

thanks blondelle - what you have suggested is exactly what my DH was planning (we are taking the fixture to a lighting place today to see about extending a piece)to do that, or build a box out of sheet rock....i am planning to look at other fixtures to see if the width is standard, or if this particular fixture is shorter than others - it's just one more thing more difficult than expected! GGRRRRRRRRRR

o

Granabelle,
I'm sorry to hear about your dilema. Hopefully your DH can resolve things. It's frustrating nontheless, especially knowing how expensive RH is. -I'm just curious as to which size medicine cabinet and style light fixture that you have from RH? I also just recently ordered the cartwright recessed medicine cabinet and will need some sort of lighting to extend above it. If I might also ask, how great a depth (exension) would you suggest the fixture be to clear the molding?

-TIA,
DG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here