Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower Niche - height off floor

Posted by jo1972 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 7:46

Planning a new shower and want a NICHE for liquid soap and shampoo.

WHAT IS THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF INCHES I CAN GO ABOVE THE FLOOR AND BE FUNCTIONAL?

I have a completed bathroom and that niche is 44" off the floor. It works well. However, in this new bathroom 44" is not lining up correctly with the tiles.

Help!! I'm pulling my hair out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower Niche - height off floor

I don't have a niche, but I have corner shelves that are 51" off the floor, if that helps.

o

We have two niches, a smaller one that is on our pony wall and therefore lower, and a taller one with two shelves up higher. I can measure their distance from the floor when I get home. When we decided where to put them, my husband and I held up some of my product bottles to decide where they'd be most convenient and then we adjusted +/- an inch or so as needed to line them up with a row of tile. Reaching up to get a bottle of shampoo isn't an issue but we made sure that the shelf for my oversize pump bottles was at a height that made them easy to use.

It's all personal preference but the best height, IMO, is whatever lines up with the tile AND is out of the splash zone as much as possible.

o

You can place them as high or low as you like, so long as you're comfortable with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here