Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Choosing Bathroom Fixtures

Posted by gjalston (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 5:46

We are remodelling our girls' bathroom and I need some help with choosing fixtures. We recently remodelled our master bathroom and thanks to the advice on this forum, chose Grohe. We LOVE what we chose - such great quality! However, for our girls' bathroom (and eventually our boys' and guest bathrooms), we can't afford Grohe.

So... what brand(s) are recommended for nice quality fixtures? I will be ordering online and specifically am looking for a tub/shower set with a removable shower head (in other words, with a hose). This is hard to find. Do I need to order the shower head separately? Price Pfister offers such a set, but the hose is plastic. I would prefer better quality than that.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Choosing Bathroom Fixtures

Have you tried faucetdirect? We had good luck with them. We chose Quoizel fixtures which came with very high wattage halogen bulbs that I would consider a no no in a kids' bath. We changed to a lower wattage. Read what people say about the fixtures.

If you are just looking for an attachment to your shower head, I wouldn't think you would have to spend a lot of money and maybe get it at Lowes. The online places are looking to sell you a shower package.

o

Grohe does make several handshower sets that aren't expensive, like this one, that you can find for less if you shop around.

Here is a link that might be useful: grohe at HD

o

Choosing bathroom faucets doesn't have to be difficult, though it's true that there are lots of choices and several important things to consider. The best way to begin selecting these essentials is to visit a bathroom showroom where you can see and try�and ask questions.

o

Thank you to everyone for your help 😊

I ended up ordering from the Delta line. I was assured it was brass, not plastic and seems to be good quality. It'll be delivered on Wednesday, so we'll see then!

I visited a showroom, which was suggested and was very helpful. Then I found the best price online (which turned out to be Amazon).

Again... thank you to everyone for their suggestions. I love this forum!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here