Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please show me your glass bathroom doors.

Posted by kaysd (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 4:25

We will have 2 pocket doors in our bathroom: 1 between bedroom and sink area, and a 2nd one to the toilet and shower area. The window is at the far end of the bath in the shower, so we would like to use glass doors to let light pass to other areas (plus the glass is pretty).

We are using 3-panel recessed panel doors and single light glass doors elsewhere in the house, so the bath doors can have 1 or 3 panes of glass. Obviously, the glass must be opaque for privacy. I need to decide between white laminated glass, sand blasted, or textured.

Please inspire me -- post pictures and tell me what kind of glass you used. TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please show me your glass bathroom doors.

I love mine -it's a Simpson door and one of their glass choices, but not sure it is opaque enough for your needs.

a. Pocket door, Simpson douglas fir pocket door with

n.. Pocket door detail

o

That's beautiful, Olychick. Can you see what a person on the other side of the glass is doing?

o

This is the new pocket door we put in. Loving it so far.
Photobucket

o

Kaysd, I really don't know what you can see of another person. I live alone and my guests use a different bathroom. It is not opaque and the non-leaf portions aren't very obscure. In the full door shot, you can see about 1/4 of the right side is a corner at the end of the hallway on the other side of the door. That might give you an idea of what you can see. I don't think if others besides a partner was going to be passing by that I'd have used this glass. But it sure is pretty!

o

Or you can go for plain glass then pick a window film and apply it for privacy. There's a huge selection out there, it's not expensive and it's easy to do.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom films

o

nhbaskets, those are great looking doors. Is that sand blasted glass?

Annie, I had not thought of using film -- thanks for the link.

Olychick, fortunately only DH and I will use this bath, but we still like to preserve a little "mystery" in the potty area, lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here