Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drmeow3

wattage/btu for towel warmer in az

drmeow3
10 years ago

I'm remodeling my bathroom here in Phoenix, AZ, and I want to put in an electric towel warmer (can't do hydronic) for that short period of winter weather we get. I'm also putting in radiant heat floor. I know I should be looking at BTU and watts. I want a relatively wide and tall warmer (22" or wider and 40" tall or taller). I know from experience with portable ones that I want something with lots of crossbars. I'm probably going to put in a programmable timer so that the warmer will be turned on before I get in the shower (and also to make sure it is turned off after my spouse showers). What should I be looking for in terms of wattage/BTUs? I'm not looking to heat the room (the floor should take care of that) or even dry the towels (not really necessary in the desert), I really just want to warm them before I get out of the shower.

Also, what about curved bars - some manufacturers say "maximum surface area) but will the part of the towel at the back be touching the bars and get warm? Seems like not.

Any other advice would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (3)