Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Installing our acrylic tub

Posted by zebra26 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 1:03

We have a new build and it has for the most part gone pretty smoothly thanks to this forum. But...our plumber has not made us really happy and we are questioning everything he does at this point. The first thing is putting our shower head at 72 inches and my husband is that height. Ughhh. Another thing is I told him I wanted the acrylic tub to be done as the installation instructions said which is it needed to be set in mortar. He didn't do that. Thank goodness we checked. Also, everything we ask him to do takes an additional 2-3 weeks so forget asking him to correct the situation. Today my husband and a friend unscrewed the tub, lifted it up and placed the tub in mortar just as the instructions said to do. It feels so much more stable and I am so glad my husband went the extra mile and fixed the problem. Now two more tubs to go.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Installing our acrylic tub

Ours is set in mortar too and it feels like standing on concrete (as in sturdy). It's amazing how much difference that makes. My husband installed ours. Did your DH put thick plastic between the mortar and tub? Don't remember where he got the idea (probably here via me)to do that so if there is a problem (ie leak)and tub ever needs to come out, it should just lift right out.
Monica

o
RE: Installing our acrylic tub

No, never thought about plastic but we have two more tubs to so so I will mention that to him. Thanks. Yes, it does make the world of difference in how sturdy it feels.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here