Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with bathroom layout

Posted by especiallyyou (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 0:47

i am having difficulty w/my master bathroom layout. the architect originally had the tub deck going all the way to the wall. however, i do not need my tub deck that long and i don't like looking down the hallway into the bathtub. so, we 're thinking of shortening the tub deck (i want a kohler tea-for-2 tub, only 5' long since i'm the only one who'll use it).

so, if i do that, what would you suggest to fill in the space at the end of the tub?

a closet would work, but i don't like the idea of looking down the hallway into a closet door.

a built-in set of drawers would work, but they'd be very deep.

empty space for freestanding furniture was explored, but would it be odd for the faucet end of the tub to be near that empty space?

a bench with drawers was discussed, but i have that in current guest bathroom and the bench/drawers are not used at all.

i would like some sort of storage space for towels somewhere in the bath.

for site/view/fung shui reasons, it seems like when sitting in the tub one should face away from the shower and toward the bathroom entry door.

this is a new-build. exterior walls are fixed, but plumbing and windows can be rearranged. i really wanted the tub to be near the windows for the forest views (there was originally a separate "tub room" with 2 walls of windows, , the entry for which was in the current bathroom "dead space",- where window 32 is) but the entire room was deleted for budget reasons).

window #32 wil/can/likely go away, also since i don't like looking down a hallway and out a window.

any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with bathroom layout

Hey You,
(sorry, I couldn't resist). If you get rid of the window you could use that space for a combination of shelves and towel storage. If you turn the tub around you could face the shelves and use those for pictures and other things the you DO like to look at, even a TV if you don;t mind having that in your bathroom. If you extend the tub deck then you would have a place for any bath products that will keep them out of sight. Take a look at the link below as that will likely be more helpful than me trying to describe it.

We are doing something in our bathroom currently that is very similar.

Here is a link that might be useful: shelf and storage combo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here