Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Corner Toilets - anyone used one?

Posted by lee676 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 0:37

Due to the exceptionally small space I have to work with in a bathroom I'm renovating, I'm considering a triangular-tank commode that fits into the corner at a 45-degree angle. It would create some space, but I don't know how usual building code regulations apply to these (normally you need to allow 36" from left wall or cabinet to right with the toilet centered here).

I'm looking at the American Standard Titan Pro, which has a comfort-height elongated bowl. Looks nice enough - is there any downside I'm missing? Do these flush well? Also, does anyone else make something similar?

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Corner Toilets - anyone used one?

If my memory is correct, my3dogs has one. If she doesn't see this, you might want to give a "call-out" to her. She is usually on the home decorating board.

o

My my. I have never seen such a thing. You might try posting over on Terry Love's site. Everything you ever wanted to know about toilets but were afraid to ask :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Terry Love

o

I've never been afraid to ask anything....

But I do wonder why Terry Love's site gets called out here so often. As far as I can tell, he's just a plumber that posted some test results of various toilets, and the last time I looked it hadn't been updated to take into account recent changes with 1.2g flush units and other recent developments. He likes Totos - I would too if I sold them because they're expensive, profitable, and OK they don't get clogged and overflow very often. But I used a cheap, new, unsung Crane toilet recently that flushed more powerfully than Toto's G-Max, and I don't see it being recommended anywhere (I have less experience with the double-cyclone design that Toto has gone to on many of their core models like the Drake, although it looks great in theory).

o

Not sure who it was, might be the member mentioned above, but someone recently put one in. Try a search, it would have been March or later but before August. I'd post a link if this headache would let me function enough to search effectively.

o

Scroll down in the attached Powder Room links to see a picture of my3dogs corner toilet. I love all her bathrooms!

Here is a link that might be useful: Powder rooms

o

Thanks! I'll call her out on that thread, hopefully she sees it.

o

Ah, found it! It's podogpodog, linked below. For some reason I can only see the image if I click on the logo, but that may be an iPad glitch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corner toilet!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here