Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to get rid of brass on sliding glass doors around tub

Posted by maisoui1 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 0:19

Our downstairs guest bath (really just used as a powder room) had a tub with the brass framed sliding shower door. I want to get rid of the brass in that bathroom and maybe go with a brushed nickel. Is there a way of maybe spray painting the brass frame instead of me having to remove the sliding door. We've been in this house 2 hrs and no one has ever taken a bath there. Don't want to remove the tub. In future years my study which is right beside the bathroom could be converted to a bedroom. I am just looking for a way of getting rid of the brass. Don't want to take it down and put a shower curtain. I want more of a powder room feel to the room.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to get rid of brass on sliding glass doors around tub

It can be painted as brass shower enclosures are normally a painted or powder coated finish and possibly brass plated (which I do not know if it will accept any paint well). To make the finish look decent the entire enclosure should be taken down and the metal properly prepared for paint before painting. If your looking to do this yourself and use spray paint the finish will never really truly resemble brushed nickel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here