Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not even sure where to start

Posted by dcwesley (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 23:33

I am just recovering from a complete kitchen remodel, triggered by an almost complete appliance meltdown. I was looking forward to taking a break from remodling, but our master bath must have heard the construction noises as the shower has "sprung a leak", soaking the subfloor. So in a week I have a contractor coming to look to see how bad the structural damage is and a cabinet designer visit scheduled as well. I had dreamed about and planned the kitchen for fice years, so when we were forced into I was ready. But I have not given any thought to what I want in a new bath. I am not even sure where to start. Can anybody point me to some good references / places to start?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not even sure where to start

You might want to start with this thread. Some great ideas to get your juices flowing....

Here is a link that might be useful: Best bathroom decisions thread

o

Go to www.houzz.com and type in bathrooms. There you will see more bathroom photos than you could ever want. You can add any any keyword for any style bath you like. Register (it's free) and start an idea book there where you add photos that you like to it. Then look through them all and choose the one you like best and use that as your inspiration bath. You can also contact the person whose bath it is and maybe they will help and tell you what materials they used.

o

dcwesley...so sorry to hear that! I followed your lovely kitchen remodel. :)

Houzz is great, definitely go there. But incredibly extensive. I mean, it's so much it can be very time consuming. One can get lost there for days.
Or maybe that's just me...

How about thinking about your new kitchen to start? Do you want similar faucets/finishes? Will it be similar in style based on the age/architecture of your home? I'm kind of coordinating mine to the new kitchen, as the old baths were originally coordinated to our old kitchen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here