Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grout brands?

Posted by simoneb (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 08 at 23:27

Is there a difference in grout brands? I'm going to pick out materials tomorrow and this just crossed my mind. We're getting a beige grout for marble tile... thoughts? Advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grout brands?

Among the portland cement-based grouts, I've not had any problems with Custom, Laticrete, or Mapei.

Mongo

o

THanks, mongo!

o

You can add Hydroment, TEC, and if you live down south, SGM (Southern Grouts and Mortars) to that list.

o

What about Polyblend, is it any good?

o

Polyblend is Custom.

o

Anyone heard of Super-Tek... ?

o

I use TEC, and do not like Custom.

o

I never liked Custom either, up until they finally improved their grouts about 5-6 years ago. I always had problems with the color mottling on me, and it was only with Custom's grouts. But I've used them several times over the last few years and (knock on wood) I haven't seen a problem yet.

o

Has anyone ever used Durabond grout? That's the only grout my local tile shop seems to sell and I can't really find many reviews on it.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Durabond Grout

o

It's pretty much Hydroment, under another name. Both are Bostik

Here is a link that might be useful: Bostik's site

o

Tec.

Super-Tek is good also, but doesn't have matching caulk to all of their colors, Tec does.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here