Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Crossville Savoy Hexagon of decent quality for bathroom floors

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 22:46

I'm thinking of using this on the floor in my children's bathroom, but read that they are for light horizontal use. Does a jack-and-jill bathroom floor fit into that category? It doesn't seem to to me, but I can't find another hex in the 4" size that is easily available.

Also, if I do a hex in this size should I have a border?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Crossville Savoy Hexagon of decent quality for bathroom fl

I have Crossville Savoy in my kitchen, but on the backsplash. It seems very durable, but mine is a high gloss finish. I imagine it would be very slick when wet, so I would be careful to have a rug or mat by the tub.
Or does it come in a matte finish too?

I would think a child's bath is fairly light traffic. My kid's bathrooms are on the second floor, probably rarely see shoes and would have minimal dirt tracked that far from outside anyway. I think you'd be okay as far as traffic level.

o
RE: Is Crossville Savoy Hexagon of decent quality for bathroom fl

I have this tile in my master bath in matte. Funny, I just answered your other post.

This is a very thick, high quality tile. I love it and how it looks in my bathroom. My bathroom is not small and I preferred to skip the border like they show in the brochure.

Just a heads up...this is a hand made tile and you will have larger grout lines and some grout lines will be larger than others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here