Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For those said they'd post after air tub install but did not...

Posted by sandyinva (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 22:33

In previous threads, many of you promised to get back to the forum after your air tub was installed.... Now that your tub has been installed, please post feedback. :>) I am still on the fence, leaning toward a bain ultra but need to try one out. No spas nearby...we will have to spend the night somewhere. I certainly wish there was a way to try other tubs in Northern VA for comparison purposes.
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For those said they'd post after air tub install but did not.

We installed a Bain Ultra Oval Plus three years ago in our masterbath remodel. I love the tub. I love the shape of the tub and the slope of the back. The heated back. It is a nice deep soaking type tub. I will say I only use the air bubbles on occasion. Mainly I like to lay in the tub with a glass of wine and a book or the TV we have on the wall on.

o

We just got ours running a couple days ago...Bainultra Amma with chromo
So far we are very happy, install had a few gliches... European plug, control pad installs in a weird way (we didn't put it on the tub deck)
I don't think the bubbles are too strong as many have previously posted... and I am one who hates the feel of jetted tubs... way to strong
I am happy we splurged, it looks very elegant and the arm rests are very comfortable
I will prob also use it more for soaking (the air is pretty loud), that is why I got the lights in it... they are cool

o

I'd love to comment, but still not installed yet.

o

I had an Acryline airtub installed - but I'm not in my house yet so I cant' tell you if I like it or not.

This brand is priced less than the Bainultra's - since I also had a steam shower installed I needed to cut back on the total bath price alittle.

I choose the airtub over the jets only becuase of cleaning it and bacteria growth.

o

We have a 72 x 42 bain ultra amma oval, undermounted. I posted pics when we were finished, not sure hot to resurrect them.

It fits 2 adults comfortably, the arm rests and 3 light chromotherapy are fantastic. We fight over using it and it's not even winter yet! Our water bills have gone up a bit-- don't know about the electric since the air conditioner hasn't turned off in months.

The air jets can be splashy at 100% power. If we set it that high, it's not for a long time.

o

Sorry, mine was installed in June and I live in Arizona, so I've only used it once. But I liked it that once! I just need to get better at figuring out how much water versus the splash factor. On my first use, I left the bathroom pretty soaked.
Check with me again in the Spring, I'm sure I'll have a LOT more experience with it.

o

Mm22, how did you install the control pad? We are in the process of installing our Amma and cannot figure this out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here