Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom Layout Help Needed

Posted by djvinnie (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 22:30

Hello Everyone,

We're building a new bathroom and have the following dimensions to work with. It will be a kids bathroom and need two sinks and a bathtub. How would you lay it out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Djvinnie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom Layout Help Needed

Which are your exterior walls? Any windows to plan around?

o

The 9" wall on the right is the exterior wall. There is a small 18 inch window about a foot in on the 9'6'' wall as about half that wall is also technically an exterior wall.

o

Can the entry door move? Easier for the tub to fit, at least with my limited abilities. I think I'm spending too much time over on Kitchens, but I love puzzles!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Ok, keeping the current door position and accounting for the window...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

The 9" wall on the right is the exterior wall. There is a small 18 inch window about a foot in on the 9'6'' wall as about half that wall is also technically an exterior wall.

o

Both great options thank you very much.

I like the layout with the door moved, the window throws a wrench into it though, should have been clearer when posting.

Thanks again.

o

I like the idea of the toilet in the little alcove as in the last plan, but I don't believe that 4.5 feet give you enough clearance in front of the toilet.

o

What are the dimensions of the window? And can the door move?

o

I've been thinking about it, not sure why, but i think the toilet room might work. Our elongated toilet is 27 inches, but regular ones are shorter, and there are also space saving models where the odd neck between the tank and seat are shortened. So even with a long toilet that leaves about 30 inches. You could probably get Bout 36 or so inches in front with a different model.

We have also seen powder rooms that are only 6 ft long with a sink, so 4.5 with no sink should work, right?

But I have no idea what code is or what the rule of thumb might be. I tend to have a problem with reality getting in the way of things, so I could be completely wrong too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here