Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for the equivalent of Starphire glass in a mirror.

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 22:04

What's the clearest mirror available called? In our former house all the bathroom mirrors had a green tinge and colors were not accurately represented to them. In my master vanity in this house I'd like to be able to look at myself in the mirror and see my accurate skin, hair, etc., colors. I asked the glass store about what my options are and they pretty much just said mirror is mirror in our area.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for the equivalent of Starphire glass in a mirror.

Starphire or Low Iron just as you mention. Most quality glass shops should have it available to them.

o

The local glass shop that carries starphire glass shower doors said starphire mirror is only available in Canada! I called three other places and they have no idea what I'm talking about.

o

My local suppliers on Long Island have it readily available. You may need to call a manufacturer and see if they have a dealer they can send you. It is an available product, whether or not your local guys carry it or want to go through the effort to find it for you or not I cannot help you with.

o

For true color rendering in a bath, the lighting is more important than the mirror glass. Incandescent produces yellowish light, fluorescent is green to white, halogen is white (but hot) and LED can be either slightly yellowish to slightly bluish to neutral white. I'd make sure that issue was addressed before spending a large amount of $$ on a mirror.

o

http://www.onglass.com/onglassin.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Place in Indiana serving Ohio

o

Thanks!

So are halogens the best in a bathroom then? Do halogen bulbs even come as candelabra style anymore?

o

I could get Sylvania daylight bulbs, but the shades on the vanity wall sconces will probably distort the color of the light, right?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here