Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How Far Should Faucet Go Into Sink

Posted by dancingqueen (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 21:52

Still working on the master bath remodel. Am now working on sinks and faucets. One for dressing room, one for bathroom and one for tub deck. For the bath the sink I like has a 15 x 15 interior (undercount) with the full edge being 17 11/16th. The faucet I like is only 5 and 1/4 inches in reach. I made one to scale from tin foil and it just seems too short but I am having difficulty finding a longer spout that is less than 9 inches high.

Is there a general guideline? The drain is in the center of the sink so no concern about hitting that with the water. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How Far Should Faucet Go Into Sink

We used Kohler Bancroft widespread faucet in out bathroom sinks and it looked HUGE when I took it out of the box. But, it fit great on the sink itself. And its just under 5" from center of base to center of spout.

This will somewhat depend on where the holes are drilled for your sink. And don't forget the water doesn't usually flow straight down but angles toward the user. In my case I took the faucet to the granite showroom and plopped it into their set up to be sure I liked it (very helpful).

o

I almost went with the set EngineerChic used, partly because the faucet was a good size, and partly because I wanted the shower hardware for that series. Then when the shower stuff didn't work, I ended up with Price Pfister Pasadena sink and shower trim. It's about 6x6 and is very comfortable to use to wash your hands. I HATE the sinks where the faucet is so close you can't move your hands.

While our yet-to-be-remodeled half bath has about a 5.5 in projection out over the sink, it has very little height so it is not as functional for me.

If you are really interested, I can post a pic with the water on this weekend.

Pasadena wideset:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Thanks for the info. I am also concerned about the faucet being too short in l length into the sink but I also do not have space for a lot of height..thank you for your suggestions. I will take at look at that faucet.

o

Thanks for the info. I am also concerned about the faucet being too short in l length into the sink but I also do not have space for a lot of height..thank you for your suggestions. I will take at look at that faucet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here