Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do these finishes go together? Input/pictures requested!

Posted by nhbaskets (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 21:34

We are 90% done on our master remodel (pictures coming soon!) so of course I'm already thinking about the next project. In our case it will be the guest bath. Can anyone tell me why it's called the 'guest' bath when kids use it? Doesn't this give them more reasons to want to be waited on? Sorry for the diversion. :)

Like our master, this bathroom is small with a 36" vanity, one-piece fiberglass tub, toilet and linen closet. I'm thinking about replacing the tub with an acrylic tub and tile surround. Also considering losing the door on the linen closet and just having a cabinet. The basic layout will remain unchanged.

On to the finishes. I'm considering a 1" hex white tile floor, Cambria Torquay countertop, white subway tile in the tub area, and beadboard on the walls about 2/3rds the way up. Do all these finishes go together? I should also mention that I already have RH Chatham faucet, train rack, 3 sconce light, TP holder and hooks all in polished chrome.

I've attempted to search for all these elements, but can't pinpoint a GW bath (or Houzz) that have these. Any pictures you can come up with would be greatly appreciated. DH is a visual person so my descriptions don't cut it.

Thanks in advance for your help and input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do these finishes go together? Input/pictures requested!

I think those finishes are great together. Here's a link to another thread involving cambria, subway and hex. If you search on Houzz for "cambria torquay traditional" you'll find some good visuals.

Here is a link that might be useful: cambria bath

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here