Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laticrete Hydro-Ban Presloped Shower Pan

Posted by linda2007 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 24, 12 at 21:19

Has anyone used the Laticrete Hydro-Ban Presloped Shower Pan. If you have used one, are you happy with the results? Please let me know. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laticrete Hydro-Ban Presloped Shower Pan

The whole system is excellent. It's basically the same thing as the Kerdi system, with one important difference-- no seams or overlap in the membrane (meaning no build up in layers of membrane at corners, or chance for leakage at the seams). It's no secret that I'm a huge advocate for Laticrete, but it's for a reason. Their products are top notch.

o

Thanks Bill for thumbs up. I read a lot about the Kerdi system here, but nothing on Laticrete hydro ban presloped showers pans, niches or the seats. It makes me feel a lot better knowing someone like you thinks the system is excellent, because we had already decided to go with it.

o

It makes me feel a lot better knowing someone like you thinks the system is excellent

Let me put it this way-- with one exception, every shower I've installed in the last two years has been installed with the Hydroban system. The biggest plus is that if I use the proper Laticrete materials, I can offer my customers a 25 year MANUFACTURER BACKED warranty. What that means is that even though I'm (about to turn) 55, if that shower fails 20 years from now, Laticrete will back the shower system, even if they have to get someone else in there to fix it. That's how good this system is. One other thing to remember-- I've been using their products literally for decades. In that time, I've had occasion to need them to stand behind thir products. No questions asked, once it was determined that it was the product. Labor to demo, labor and materials (inclluding tile) to re-install-- all covered. That's why I stand behind these people. ALL companies have problems from time to time. No one's perfect. But I've never, from any other company, had the kind of customer service I get from them. I have no doubt they'd really stand behind this if it were needed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here