Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

New Crown Molding and Lightning Photos (Thank You)

KevinMP
11 years ago

I posted a while back asking for help with the crown molding in my dining room in my early 19th century house. Although it's not a bathroom, I wanted to get input here since it's one of the most heavily trafficked forums (other than the kitchen forum). Anyhow, taking some of the advice I got on this web site, I ended up going with a 4" reveal on the ceiling and a 2" (or so) reveal on the wall with a 5.5" crown. While I was at it, I installed recessed lighting including some eyeballs for the art, fireplace, and shelving. I think it looks great. (For those of you who think it's too much wood, I really didn't have a choice on using the baseboard because I needed it to hide imperfections in the walls and ceiling, which are the original plaster and not the least bit level/plum.)

I intentionally didn't use a flash so that the glow of the lighting is detectable, but it's not nearly as dark as it appears in some pictures because I'm taking the pictures directly into the lighting. Thank you all again.

{{gwi:1474322}}

{{gwi:1474323}}

{{gwi:1474324}}

{{gwi:1474325}}

{{gwi:1474326}}

{{gwi:1474327}}

Comments (3)