Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone do a 6" granite backsplash?

Posted by rjr220 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 20:21

We are planning for out 3rd (and final!) bath renovation for this summer. This is our master bath and I am creatively drained, so we hired a decorator to help us make some choices. Well worth the $$ for a few hours of her time, I might add . . . .

She has suggested a 6 inch BS rather than the traditional 4" to bump up the feel in the room. Has anyone done this, and if so, would you be willing to post pics so we can get a feel of what it looks like?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone do a 6" granite backsplash?

Do you have a picture of the existing space and of what it is going to look like when remodeled? It really depends upon a number of things, I think, whether it will make an impact or not.

o
RE: Anyone do a 6" granite backsplash?

We did do a 6" in our kids' bath. It has a full length/full width mirror above it, so the extra height gives some splash protection... We didn't do it in our Master, which has free-framed mirrors...

Your decor makes a difference for the decision I think.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here